Register now to get rid of these ads!

mono leaf springs.. opinions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paul, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Paul

Paul
    Editor

what's the consensus?

good, bad, indifferent?

Paul

2. Iceberg

Iceberg

I'm running a Durant monoleaf on the front of my '35 Ford pickup. It is a great spring, my pickup rides better and it dropped the front down three + inches. I think I paid around $175 for mine and I don't regret the expense. I wish I could say that about everything I have bought for my rig!

Attached Files:

3. Iceberg

Iceberg

Before w/ the same size front tires (600-16).

Attached Files:

4. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

I've been using one under the front of my 48 merc. coupe for the last 4-5 yrs. the ride improved over the Posie it replaced.

5. metalshapes

metalshapes

I like the stack of blades better.
    With those you can play with the spring rates and ride height by taking out blades or swapping them for different lenghts.

6. I replaced the Posie's Super Slide in the front of my 32 with a Durant Mono Leaf.
    Solely to gain additional travel.

The Posie's was working ok, but bottomed too soon.
    My fault cuz I should have notched the front frame rails and didn't.

The Mono works well and the nice part about it is the spring shims allow you to set the ride height where you want it.

The Posie's went into the 31 on 32 rails roadster and I did notch the frame on that car.

I think the Posie's multi leaf looks a little more trad than the Mono, but pretty is as pretty does and the Mono is working ok in the 32.

Nice part is, if I ever decided to get the 31 really low I can pick up another 1" - 1 1/4" of drop with the Mono.

Probably won't, I like having a reasonable amount of ground clearance so I can take the car where I want.
    The 32 has seen it's share of dirt roads and as far as ground clearance goes with it, it's never bottomed on speed bumps and the like.
    Lowest points in the car are the collectors at about 5 1/2" clearance.