Register now to get rid of these ads!

Modifieds Website

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cris, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Back in 2006 Foul (Daniel Strohl) offered up the content from his Modifieds website to anyone who could volunteer to host it. I ended up being that lucky person but unfortunately it took me a lot longer to sort through everything and find time to repost the site. I've finally gotten off my ass and made moves towards getting it up and running again in a somewhat revised format. I apologize to everyone for the delay.

The site will have three sections: One for lakes-style Modifieds, one for Track Ts (and oval roadsters,) and one for modern interpretations of both.

When I took over the content I had overestimated my abilities to make sense of the coding Foul had the site built in so I am sorting through all the photos without benefit of being able to see certain info about some of the cars. To that end I need your help. I am posting a bit of a beta version of the site showing only a group of photos that I haven't been able to identify. If you see a photo and know whose car it is, please email me at the address on the site with what info you can provide, along with the photo's filename. Likewise, if you have photos of Modifieds or Track Ts I would be happy to put them up. I will not farm all the photos on the various posts about modifieds on the H.A.M.B. as I prefer to have the permission of the posters/photographers first. Jimmy B has already graciously given me permission to use the Bob Giovanine photos from his post.

It's my hope that the site can become a repository for not just images but also documentation and historical and technical info on these cars. We unfortunately lost one of the great Track T historians, Don Radbruch, a few months ago. I can only imagine what a trove of content he was sitting on. It's important that we continue as a group to record whatever we can about these cars and the men that built and drove them.

http://www.auto-grafik.com/modifieds.html

Thanks in advance, and again, sorry to Foul and all the Modified fans who have been waiting so long.

Cris

2. Cant wait to see it all up and running.

3. striper

striper

Is your site going to have a forum? Definitely keep us posted on your progress.

Pete

4. Nice work! I look forward to seeing it grow. Thanks much for your dedication to follow through on this challenging task. I know it's a lot of work.

--Matt

5. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

I'm bumping my own thread...I know many of the cars I need info on are HAMBers' cars...take a look and let me know...after all, the BBQ thread has more responses than this one...heh heh.

Cris

6. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

good job. should be lots of interest.

7. love them modifieds hope to see more on there soon.

8. A Boner

A Boner

#22.......rottonron, he is/was on the H.A.M.B.

9. loogy

loogy

Just checking in to see how things are going? I'm looking forward to the full version. Thanks for taking the time to put it all together.

10. spooler41

spooler41

Good to see this coming back. I need all the insperation I can find , while I'm building my 26 Ford modified.

Thanks .............Jack

11. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

Mine should be in there somewhere.Will be nice to see it up & running again.

12. Nobody likes old threads from the dead, but has the site or a new version of it ever been revived? I searched... and failed if the info is here somewhere.

13. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Gimme 'till the end of this week; I'll have something up.

Cris

14. spooler41

spooler41

Cris, what ever happened to your Modified web site, any up dates ?

..................Jack