Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Modified Roadster From Scratch -Goodguys Charlotte Thrash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by retroridesbyrich, Oct 20, 2009.

1. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Black is powder coat.

I think his employee is full of shit. The owner told me they ran a compression test on the engine, but I think that's what the employee told the boss.

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ahhh... Looks great!

Yeah, that blows about the engine man! It'll work out though! They HAVE to make that right... right?

3. Plowboy

Plowboy

Looks Bitchin'! Sucks about the motor though....

4. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Friday the "employee" was dispatched to solve the problem, but had me believing that it was the weber carbs and/or the ignition system not having enough spark. Again he said there was compression. Me and some of my dedicated buddies chased our tails over the weekend and couldn't get a good compression reading,. Fucki** with things like a couple of monkies with a football, blah, blah. )

Saturday, I found someone who had the engine builder's cell number and he said he'd be here Monday morning.( If it were one of my customers I would have been there earlier, if that were possible.) We'll see what happens when he gets back here.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  5. Great looking car. Love your "new is old" slant on it. Sure hope it pans out for you.
    Almost makes me want to jump in the Merc and cruise on down to
    Queentown.

6. ap1930

ap1930

Great looking modified - should be lots of fun driving it.
    AP

7. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Well got it running, now I just have to fine tune the webers and let it run for a while (and hope it doesn't overheat etc., etc.) It sounds reminiscent of an offy.

Now the f**K*** chrome on the headers is blistering, I knew I shouldn't have used the local shop they're a bunch of idiots.:mad:

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

Can't wait to see it in person! See you in a few days!!

9. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

I can't wait to see it in person either!

This is really testing my mettle.

The Weber carbs have been giving me some trouble but I'm gaining on it. I still have a lot of work to do. It will be close. Hell, I haven't even booked rooms yet!

10. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

The thrashing continues..after messing with the carbs I got alot done today, my friend Drew (Doc's on the HAMB) came over in the evening and worked his butt off helping.

I've got to pull the nose off the car; after late tonight that the radiator needs to be modified a bit to allow the top of the nose move back. I hope I can gain enough room or I'm in deep sh*t. I've got the radiator guy coming in the AM. Harold Paige (HAMBER Old School Brush) is also arriving in the morning to add some more lettering and do a little bot striping.

Here's a few images...

Attached Files:

11. Good luck man. That last minute stuff is a killer.

12. greeno

greeno
    from Fresno,Ca.

On my Esslinger 2300 I drilled the manifold and put a balance tube between the runners, made it so much easier to tune. I'm running Delortos instead of Webers. Love your car. Also an adjustable cam pulley will help you fine tune it.
    Gary

13. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Good idea! Thanks.

14. sota

sota

Rich, I'm going to the Goodguys show just to see your car. Sorry that your having issues.I still have issues with my webers and was hoping you could get me on the right track. Good luck!

15. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Jeeeeeez no pressure... (Thanks for your offer for help) I hope to see your '26 there...

It's 3:47 and I just got done for the night, I'll resume the battle Friday AM. A bigh shout out to my friend Drew, without his help the las t couple of nights I would not be this close.

Got a few fastners to get in the morning, have to trim the windscreen, and fix what ever the hell is wrong with the RF brake and finish tuning the carbs. Then, I should be able to head to the speedway.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  16. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

I'll try to get some pics posted in the morning.

17. good luck man, interesting build . I like it.

18. sota

sota

Rich, I didn't bring the Mutt Special down here this weekend. I have the car down for the winter to make a few changes to it.I'll see you at the track today.

19. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

It will most likely be later in the day.

20. doc's

doc's

Rich has literally busted his a$$ on this car for the last week or two.....it looks great.

21. sota

sota

Didn't see you at the track this afternoon,I hope you able to tie up the loose ends.Hopefully you will be their tomorrow.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  22. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! Well everything is not done, needs some more polishing and a couple of things need to be finished, but heading for LMS in the morning. With all the pressure and lack of quality sleep; I feel like I'm in an alternate reality. Here's a pic, the dirty bay of the shop has set a new record for a mess. It looks like a bomb went off in there. Right Doc?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  23. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

About time that slacker got going!:D

24. doc's

doc's

Looks good, see you in the AM.

25. sota

sota

Can't wait to see this bitchen car today!Rich call me last night and it seems like the little modified put up a little fight but Rich held his ground and won the fight!Great build.I;ll see you at the track.

26. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

HOLY SHIT! Damn that car looks great.

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

27. doc's

doc's

I have reports of this car being spotted entering the Speedway grounds just this morning.....details to follow. LOL

28. Nomadness

Nomadness

Great weather for a debut:eek:

29. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey RICH...take a few steps back and breath deep. she's looking fine my man REALY! i'am sure you will make it. i would bet on it. i would love to see and hear that little 4 banger kick ass O YEA kudo's my friend. more pics. later? don't make me come up there! HA!...call me POP...or the old FART.

30. sota

sota

DOC, I saw it with my own eyes coming thru the tunnel into the infield.What a great sight.The modified even looks better in person then the photos Rich has posted on here. The more you look the more little details jump out at you.Rich you built one hell of a car!
    Rich and Doc it was nice to meet you both.