Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Modified Murray - The Final Chapter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Scott- will you be at the Auto Fair?

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Okay, one is a "Murray" the other is a Murray. :rolleyes::D

Not sure on events yet. Going to Auto Fair and Good Guys, but not sure on what else. Let me know what you're asking for the extended bell block.

Bob, not going to make it to Hershey this year. And ya' just never know about hoods. I have a feeling it would have more holes in it then hood material, though. :eek:

Thanks for following along, man!

Yeah, there is a good chance you will beat me. HAHA! :D:eek:

Yes indeed! I will be there! Definitely going to Iron Lords open house as well. Last time was a blast. Those guys always have a nice get together!

3. 50Fraud

50Fraud

4. You really don't know how cool it is 'til you get a chance to sit in it!

Off-the-hook COOL! Great job, Scooter! Tell the missus hello!

5. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In honor of the completion of your move, I rate this 5 Scooters:eek:

See you @ Auto Fair! vic

Attached Files:

6. 73RR

73RR

Scott, Good to hear that all is well at the moment. Be sure to tease us with the shop plans.

Gary

7. Rex Schimmer

Rex Schimmer
    from Fulton, CA

Scooter,
    If you are doing a new garage/shop remember the basic rule: Shops are like tits, no such thing as "To Big"! so make it as big as you can and watch it fill up!! Great to see you made the trek east OK and good luck when winter comes.

Rex

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Don't expect this car ever to be finished. He's been bit by the vintage Porsche bug and he thinks he's better then us now which is why most of the locals have only heard about Scooter and never actually met him. I think surrounding himself with heathen's that can't appreciate the finer things in life like Porsches sickens him to the point of nausea. So yeah maybe he'll throw us a bone by coming to the Iron Lords party but don't expect him to like it. Especially since there's caviar and wine but instead stale beer and chips but most of all because we still play with "kids cars" and haven't grown up. :D:D:D:D:D

9. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Scoots,
    Glad that everything got there ok. I've done those rides before in Hot Rods, It makes you really appreciate a daily until you hit the off the beaten path brger joints and Ice cream stands, then there is nothing that compares!

Enjoy the new digs and don't forget about us here at the Broiler.

10. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Please Tell me your not one of those 356registry people now?!? those guys are asses!

11. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I've heard from a reliable source that Scooter has been mistaken for the one and only "Jesse James" at an eating establishment nearby.

12. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

It was great meeting your wife and parents as well as you! Sounds like all the excitement didn't stop in New Mexico but I'm glad y'all made it to the east coast safely!

Thanks again for helping me out when you passed through as well!

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I've heard similar reports. He's practically a local celebrity.

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Scott's got a 1970 911 he just bought that's gonna need just about everything but did we really think he'd make it easy on himself? :D:D:D Bastard has me wanting something to carve up the windys now.

15. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Has he been watching that Magnus Walker stuff? It's a slippery slope! They start eating $$$ !!

16. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Porsche 356's (espcialy Jack Raby's Pre A outlaw) are on the bucket list, but those guys on the registry are douche nozzles...

Scot you ever check out Jack Olsen's 911 from over on the GarageJournal. That thing is sweet!!!!

17. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

There's a Porsche picture thread over on the DogFightMag board if you want to drool over other Porsches. I've had a hankering for one for a while now but I don't have the room so I try to appease myself through pictures. :)

Jack Olsen's 911 on the Garage Journal board (12-gauge garage.. if I'm not mistaken?) is drop dead gorgeous.

18. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh geesh... the s*%t storm has started already?? HAHA!

Well, so here's the deal... First, Jeffrey is just jealous that he changed his last name to James and nobody recognizes him as the other guy. Second, hot rods till I die (and maybe this build will kill me early), third, to clear the air... I DID buy a '70 911T that was someone's weekend racer. I think it was a built as a '74 RSR clone. It's a mess. But, I've always wanted a 911 and the price for the roller was way too good to pass up. I had to sell a few things to get it. It's FAR from being a complete car and it will be a long time until I have the money to build it. And I have to finish THIS car before I build anything else.

Magnus is a ruler! If you ever sat in his '72 race car, you would have the bug too. That thing is INSANE! He is certainly the hot rodder of the early 911 world. Or maybe he's the "Rob Zombie" of the 911 world?? :eek::D

Thanks everyone for the words! And I'll definitely keep you posted on the garage plans. Aiming to pour a slab next fall. Maybe sooner. Gotta' pay off the move, first. :(

Also, I would just like to add, that I'm a beer and pizza kind of guy. No fish egg food for me!

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

20. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^ If you haven't solved your elec. problems, get off the computer and get to work. vic

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I only had an hour while Davina had a break in her schedule and in that time I reinstalled the generator and regulator and hooked a wire or two back up. Gonna have to wait til little man goes to sleep before getting out there and tackling it again. Shooting to be driving again tomorrow!

22. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Yes.. Magnus Walker is a ruler!

But let's keep our attention on this Modified Murray-Briggs-Whatever. This is the HAMB, after all..

23. Like two peas... err, carrots in a pod :D

24. Glad to hear that you made it out there, ok. Sorry about the troubles, but I'm glad you are getting settled.

Porsches are like a chronic illness, if you pay attention and keep it in check, you may be able to keep some quality of life! If not, they will DESTROY you!:p

25. Scott, sorry Brad and I couldn't make the Iron Lords get-together on Sat, but it was great to finally meet you!

26. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey man! It was great to meet you guys also! Great to put faces with names! It was also a reminder of just how small this world is and how much the HAMB has brought people together from all over. Pretty cool! :cool:

27. Frames

Frames

Definetly my kind of hot rod. If you can find the time stop in for a visit. A 28 i built for a friend and the 27 i just finished for myself. I also have a 33 Willys, 32 roadster, a rat rod, the GOODSGUYS   PACKARD 017.JPG GOODSGUYS   PACKARD 016.JPG blue 27, 46 Chevy hi boy with a 241 hemi, 30 lakes modified and some vintage race cars.

chryslerfan55 likes this.