Register now to get rid of these ads!

modified mockup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GreggAz, Jun 25, 2008.

1. GreggAz

GreggAz

I know this is less than a mock up, it is just rust piled in the shape of a body, but it has me excited. The only problem is that I will not get to work on it until I finish our 50 Oldsmobile.

What I have, 1920 buick cowl and doors, unknown touring back, 23 style T turtledeck, and B Banger. All of which I picked up at the LA roadsters show. Also a Whippet shell, and an A quick change, A frame and a 5 speed.

The plans are to narrow the cowl and back, and possibly shorten it up a bit. Should turn out neat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Brian W

Brian W

Wow Gregg! That body is perfect for what you had described to me. I really like the shape of that cowl! Oh, by the way... Did Randy give you the Gibbs?

3. GreggAz

GreggAz

I wanted to call and say thanks for sending that, but I never got your # from randy.

4. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

That cowl & doors looks wayyy better in your yard than it did in mine !

I dunno if i would naoorw it or shorten it, May lose the looks due to it being so Round on top.

By the way.. its 1919 Buick... But no biggie !

5. GreggAz

GreggAz

I didnt even know you were on the hamb when I bought that, I was running through the swap, trying to see what was there while the guys I was with wanted to leave.

1919 works for me.

6. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

leave ? You bought that early on Friday ? WTF ?

7. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Shorten it AND narrow it, then you'll look like a normal size person! hahahaahaaaaaa
    Just kidding homie, just can't heppit sometimes.... (I'm sure you'll hit me with your best ugly, bald jokes)

By those pics you'd never guess it's 145° freakin' degrees out!

I think that's going to make a helluva cool modified.

A little welding on my truck and the buggy, THEN your Olds and then the modified....won't be long......

8. GreggAz

GreggAz

the guys I work with, and was riding with wanted to take off after we had our car set up in the vendors area. they wanted to go to the socal open house.

Gee... Jeem, I didnt know you were funny!!

you forgot to add my boss' 57 buick which is in the background, and all those pesky customers who will actually pay for work!

9. bostonmike

bostonmike

So Cal had an open house!damn must have gotten lost with wrongway doolittle ! just kidding Jeem but boy that mama was hot waiting for the bus looks totally different now Gregg lookin good

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nifty, I've had a similar cowl without the windshield frame for about 15 years or longer waiting to be be part of a roadster project and this is the first time I knew what it came out of.

[​IMG]

I like the way you mocked that up. it is going to be a wild little modified.

11. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Nice start... really like the way the windshield posts are done on this body. Have fun. Gary

12. tjm73

tjm73

I like where you seem to be headed, but I think you should forego the narrowing.

13. striper

striper

I like the nailhead goin in the Olds

14. GreggAz

GreggAz

the nailhead came out, its a 57 buick, and a 425 with hilborn injection is going in.

15. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Were they in a hurry to meet Jimmy Swine ? :eek:

16. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Ouch.
    We only hurt the one's we love.....

17. yes Jimmy but you can fix ugly and bald, doubt Greg can grow his legs!:D