Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

MODERATOR PLEASE REMOVE THIS AD - NEW UPDATED AD HAS BEEN POSTED TO REPLACE IT

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by missysdad1, Jul 4, 2017.

1. missysdad1

missysdad1

City: Alvarado

State: TEXAS!
    Price: $15K obo
    I bought this old hot rod roadster for the nearly rust-free original body to replace the brand new Brookville body on my project car. I've got the body swap pretty well completed so I'm putting the old hot rod up for sale now WITH THE NEW BROOKVILLE ROADSTERS BODY THAT WAS ON MY PROJECT CAR.

This car was probably built in the '60s and has an old school dropped front axle, '40 Ford juice brakes all around and comes with two 'banger motors, one with some early speed equipment already installed. One motor is known to be good with video of it running in another car, the other is unknown but appears to be good.

The original body (gray primer) DOES NOT go with the car. A NEW Brookville Roadsters body (bare metal) DOES go with the car. Don't want any mistakes about that. Pretty much everything that was on the car when I bought it DOES go with it, including fenders, hood, aprons, lights, running boards, top, etc. with only a few exceptions.

The car IS NOT assembled yet. The lead photo is how the car looked BEFORE I took it apart. I'm putting it on the market now in the hope that somebody will buy it now, in pieces, and save themselves some money...and save me the trouble of putting it back together.

The last photos are how the car once looked before it fell into neglect and disrepair. It was a nicely built and well finished car.

See more info on this car here:
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...y-remember-this-70s-model-a-roadster.1059222/

...and here:

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-arin-cee-roadster.1025634/

new roadster 11.jpg new roadster 51.jpg View attachment 3672401 new roadster 52.jpg new roadster 50.jpg new roadster 1.jpg new roadster 75.jpg
    new roadster 76.jpg new roadster 78.jpg
    PM me for my phone number to discuss with serious potential buyers. I don't have time for email discussions...please! Call for more info. Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  2. missysdad1

missysdad1

This is a great opportunity to buy all the pieces you need to put together a true nostalgia hot rod roadster or TROG racer without having to deal with any rust issues. It's a real-deal barn-find hot rod with a new Brookville Roadster body. It's almost too good to be true! PM for details!

This is the latest photo of the chassis, cleaned up and with the '40 Ford juice brakes, bearings, seals, dual drum/drum master cylinder, brakes, brake hoses, lines etc. rebuilt and fully functional. More photos will be added as work progresses...

new roadster 155.jpg new roadster 156.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  3. missysdad1

missysdad1

Body's on, engine's next. Who needs a new TROG project...?

4. missysdad1

missysdad1

Just finished mounting the Brookville body so it's starting to look like the TROG car it will eventually become. 1940 Ford juice brakes are freshly rebuilt and adjusted, including remounting the rear wheel cylinders so that they can be bled in the normal manner. Starting on getting the engine running today. Looks to be a fresh rebuild. We'll see...

new roadster 168.jpg new roadster 169.jpg new roadster 129.jpg

The car is available for immediate sale at whatever point of construction it is at. You buy and finish. Such a deal!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017