Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model T Speedster Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Commodoreswab, Mar 10, 2011.

1. nice blending of a 26/27 cowl into a boat tail.

2. Is that a door that you can't see on the left side?

3. 29ToyA

29ToyA

COOL!

My I ask for more photos of it? Details?

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Wow. Amazing looking car. What do you know about it? Gary

5. The car was originally built by my Dad with my Mom's help in the early 80's. At that time she was built with a welded counterbalanced drilled T crank, Roof head machined to the water jackets, winfield carb, bosch front plate, 35 Ford tranny coupled behind the T tranny (quite a few gear combinations, care to guess how many foreward and reverse), VW oil pump mounted on the back of the cam, ground A cam, and 3:1 diff. The body weighs nothing (hand formed steel) and she would go like a bat out of hell. After my Dad passed away my grandfather took it upon himself to make the car safer and "detuned" it a bit over the next 30 years of running as things eventually failed. The Roof head cracked between the valves and inserts kept popping out so it was replaced with a much lower compression single port Rajo. The winfield was removed in favor of a model A carb. The driveshaft broke and since the tranny wouldnt stay in 3rd gear it was replaced with a ruxtel with stock gearing. The crank broke so it was replaced with a stock T crank with dips on the rods. Recently as she was getting tired I went thru and restored her for Mom, I didn't change much except replace the cracked hood with a new aluminum. Tore out the stock gears in the rear replacing them with 3:1 again, and thank to another hamber found a miller carb to replace the model A. She runs good and has good pickup while not being as much of a thoroughbred as she was before she is still a good car.

6. 29ToyA

29ToyA

7. redbeard

redbeard

[QUOTE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

I recognize alot of those cars from the run in San Jose, one of the best events I have been to.

I road along with Doug in that top picture, and that looks like Doug in the lower picture

Honestly that run inspired me to start the runs I have been putting on for hot rods.

We even had a speedster project for a while, but life happens.

great collection of photos.

And these cars really get driven on that run, at least when I was there.

8. Dave, when i build something again, will give you a call for a co-pilot.

Think I was 20 in that pic, first endurance run I ever went on.

That run was soft...seriously, those guys drive hard. Just a blast beyond words.

I recognize alot of those cars from the run in San Jose, one of the best events I have been to.

I road along with Doug in that top picture, and that looks like Doug in the lower picture

Honestly that run inspired me to start the runs I have been putting on for hot rods.

We even had a speedster project for a while, but life happens.

great collection of photos.

And these cars really get driven on that run, at least when I was there.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  9. tjm73

tjm73

10. tjm73

tjm73

This is very COOL!!!

11. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My mom in 1929---T speedster:):)

Attached Files:

12. Old thread resurrection day! I'll try to make it worth it with some pics from a few years ago. [​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  13. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

Here's a nice one built by Pete Eastwood...

[​IMG]

The37Kid likes this.
  14. [​IMG]

Hmmm- are those stock T hubs laced to 30 1/2 rims???

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

You're right, those rims aren't stock 26-27 drop centers. thought something looked out of place. I like the look, but how safe are they? :confused:

16. slodat

slodat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is a video of some speedsters at a local San Jose event:

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/28017161?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;autoplay=0" width="398" height="224" frameborder="0"></iframe>

http://vimeo.com/28017161

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  17. spooler41

spooler41

18. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

19. spooler41

spooler41

Many thanks Sylvian, I just got thinking about the web address and went back to check it. You are correct it is www.nwvs.org.

.......Jack

20. 117harv

117harv

The black car in post 73 is smokin...anymore pics?:)

21. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

No problem at all. It's a cool web site.

Unfortunately I only took a couple of photos of the car that day. It's a beautiful piece (Oh, and it's a really dark blue, not black. Although hard to tell in these pics). Not the best shot but here's the other pic...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  22. Sonny48

Sonny48
    from Mo.

Now you've done it... I don't have my model A back on the road yet, and you got me thinkin' about my 25 T roadster. Oh well...at least I know now that I don't have to work on my fenders. Great thread.
    Thanks,
    Sonny48

23. 55 Mercury

55 Mercury

This is a really good thread. I'm like a little kid in the candy store. There is always one more thing I want! Since I've been dropping these axles for the speedsters and talking to the guys makes me start dreaming.

www.droppedaxles.com

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Digging on this thread, but way back in post #7, the first picture has a large old brass era car and behind it is a really low speedster with black wood wheels and a brass radiator... Any picts of this car? I hate it when you can just see a tiny bit of something that could potentially be soooo bitchin'!

25. slodat

slodat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here are some additional photos of that car:
    [​IMG]
    2010-06-13_endurancerun_139 by IVAN810, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    2010-06-13_endurancerun_065 by IVAN810, on Flickr

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Wow, that IS awsome!

27. MrModelT

MrModelT

Glad to see this is still going! Here are some new ones of the "Becker Special" with fenders and a paint job!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and the new motor for my T roadster :D ..not a speedster, but "what the heck"

[​IMG]

28. tjm73

tjm73

I smile every time I see this car. Something about it just speaks to me.

29. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

30. antiqueautomike

antiqueautomike
    from Spokane

This is My "No Dollar Special" it is currently getting a bit of a body make over, and a different engine put into it. I built it last year in 30 days then proceeded to drive the pants off it. From Labor day to middle of September I put 1000 miles on it.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]