Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features **Model T buckets/RPU's/Roadster/Tourings official photo thread**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old-Soul, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Here's some photos of mine which I purchased ten years ago. It was originally build in the 80's with a stake side wooden back and had coil over shocks alround plus a leaf spring on the front. It sat too high all round and had a R&P bolted to the I beam axle which made for an interesting drive. So the only remaining parts are the frame, engine and trans and diff. The original body is having opening doors fitted at the moment.

Attached Files:

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Okay, so I said the last one was it for tonight... I lied! This is another of my all time favorites, even from my own home town. Little did I know until recently, that the actual builder was a good buddy of mine, Dave Hill! It still exists over on the coast somewhere. This blurs the line a little bit, because it's from the early seventies, but gwad it's cool!

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

How do you keep from falling out of it down there? Good seat belts? Kool Kar!

4. freebird101

freebird101

this is an awesome thread

5. Codeman

Codeman
    from SE Mo

I love this one.

[​IMG]

69thumper and kiwijeff like this.
  6. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Few more. I'm sure most have seen them but I think they are worth a look again.

7. Thanks for the comments Steel Rebel, and yes one has to go really fast to stop falling out.;) Dumb question time from me now....How does one drive those bucket with slicks on the rear? I enjoy listening to music too,and I have heard it "doesn't rain in California" but surely one must get caught out with the weather sometimes?
    I really like your T also and when I'm ready I will be asking for photos of the roof bows as I want to build a fold down roof for my Bucket.

8. I don't know why more people don't build T's with the longer bed on them. I think they look killer...

9. S1B

S1B

Great thread!

10. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I can't believe I have so much in common with someone half a world away. I used to quote Willie Nelson all the time. Most of California is desert especially Southern and Central Ca. and any winter rain we get comes between maybe November through April. So we have a full summer that we seldom get any rain and the southern part of the state get's maybe twenty days of rain in all of that winter. That is why we don't worry about running slicks.
    My roadsters top bows were made of a boat top I found at a garage sale. I just narrowed them and cut them until they looked right then had the top made.
    P.S. I love this thread too and I hope nobody F--Ks it up by using profanity.
    P.P.S Check out the butt on the chick standing in front of my T at the Golden Gate Bridge!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I hope she was riding with you that day!

12. Thanks Steel and I agree this is a good thread and we don't need the profanity either. I really appreciate the older style T's and I'm a member of another web site for T's but I find (Imho) that the kit type buckets that people build are lacking in personality.
    I am so envious of your weather and one cruz on my bucket list is the LA to San Fransico and on up to Seattle following the coast. But then I have been following Brian Bass road trip to Bonneville etc and man,do I wish to travel across your fantastic country in a rod ofcourse
    Lastly,the chick in Lady Antebella is my hot favourite at the moment. She could park her pretty butt in mr bed any time soon.:D

13. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

iam sure some of you know the story of my T but for those that dont ill cut it short... My dad and a buddy built this car in the late 60's. The first 2 pics were from about 67-81 then in 81 it got done again, a new full boxed frame was made, fresh motor,body work and paint etc.... the car was sold when i was about 3yrs old.. after being gone for 17 years i found it in a little shit hole garage sitting for about 13 of those 17 years and i bought it back, dad and i then got it running and back on the road again.....
    img003.jpg 1967

img005.jpg 1974

img002.jpg 1982

DSC00342.jpg today

14. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Was that her way of hitchhiking? Maybe she gets more lifts this way then with her thumb out... :D

15. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

Clean and simple. I love it. That's the look i'm going for when i redo mine.

[​IMG]

16. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

Just curious. What time frame would this be? And about what time did guys start using wood dashes?[​IMG]

17. brad2v

brad2v

Seemed to be very popular by the early 70's, but might have started late 60's

18. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Here is a few more I like.
    The yellow one was at a local show last year. He left before I got a chance to talk to him.
    The Kookie Kar Klone I saw in Minnesota at "Back to the '50s" A few years ago. It was built in Canada.
    The "Big T" was in Winnamucca Nevada at a car museum that is now defunct.

Attached Files:

exterminator and kidcampbell71 like this.
  19. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

More than one way to skin a cat. Macro on my new camera.

Attached Files:

20. goozslyr

goozslyr
    from Milwaukee

Here's mine

Attached Files:

21. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

One I'm wrenchin' on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

The Big T was for sale at the Mecum auction during Pebble Beach at Monterey Hyatt two weeks ago. The bidding stopped at 20 grand. The car looked like new, better than I remembered, but it just sits too low in the back.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  23. Paul

Paul
    Editor

24. Subscribed!

I have always loved T-buckets. I would trade my car in a heartbeat for one. When they are done right they are awsome! Todd

25. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

But, Tom, it's a recent reproduction from a few years ago isn't it?
    I think the original was given away in a contest in the 60's and vanished....
    This was last september at the R&M Auction at the Petersen...seems like so many of these cars just go from one auction to the next...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  26. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

28. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

29. Mazooma1