Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A truck bed shipping weight-anyone know for sure?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choprods, Dec 13, 2012.

1. any one know [pretty close]ship weight of a complete [repro]Model A truck bed/with wood floor
    there were more than one width so any info is appreciated......Bathroom scales are all I have:rolleyes:

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I checked Mac's and they don't show a shipping weight on their complete bed. Just a 250 crating fee. http://macsautoparts.com/model-a-fo...bled-a41000-900/camid/MDA/cp/JS0R3CHL1067889/

This Ebay listing gives dimensions and weight of a crated Model A bed 280766626362
    400 lbs the way they crate it.
    Here locally you can usually find an odd size (big) pallet that you could trim down to fit at the freight companies yards and a couple of businesses as they don't save the ones that aren't standard size and in good shape.

3. I'd say youre real close with the crated weight of 400,I guessed the bed at 350 or so....
    I am thinking of standing the bed up and "guywiring";) it in all directions on a standard pallet, that way it wont be so tempting to stack crap on top of bed when in transit......

4. cayager

cayager

i wouldnt think more than 250lbs . im thinking 2 guys can comfortably pick one up and set it on a chassis

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Standing it on end should work, I'd still want some semblance of a a crate around it though.
    fork lift drivers have a tendency to want to push up against something with what ever they have loaded on their forklift at the time. Most of the damage that was ever done to any thing I had to deal with was done by forklift drivers and sometimes buy our own drivers unloading the item. If you don't build a whole crate around at least put a perimeter around the bed made of 2x6 or 2x8 lumber so an errant fork won't ride over the pallet and catch the truck bed. Kind of like having a sand box built around the bottom of it on the pallet.

6. Sounds like you have this one sold Kenny, keep your eyes open, I am looking parts to put one together for the LilTs 29.

7. b-bob

b-bob

To save the shipping and possible frieght damage, the last one i did i bought all the pieces and put it together myself. They are very basic and go together easily.

If i remember right, the shipping to up here, about five miles north of the border, was about five hundred dollars and would only be shipped with other large orders.

8. Yep=
    I was planning a crate around it in a vertical format.......if horizontal on a pallet it is bigger than my pallet[std size].....I just shipped in a pair of NOS rear fenders that were stood on end in boxes,smaller than the pallets "floor" and they arrived in great shape....

did anyone find the actual definite weight?
    we used to have a farm store with scales in town but no longer have that...

9. this could be deleted now,[cant seem to do that by myself]