Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A racer, two engines!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by UNCLECHET, Oct 3, 2004.

1. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

I took these pix at the "All Ford Day" here in Wichita. I don't think this car was built back in the day, but it was neat! First pic.

Attached Files:

2. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Second pic.

Attached Files:

3. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Third pic of another car. This one sounded so cool!

Attached Files:

4. gowjobs

gowjobs

Funny, I expected to see that chopped coupe with the side-by side mills from Billetproof, but I think I like this T-esque speedster more.

Can't get much more "trad" than a T or A speedster.

5. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Actually, there were three of these old timey racers. They all came pulling in at the same time. The drivers all had on duster coats, driving caps and goggles. It was an awesome display. I agree, you can't get much more traditional!

6. I've met the guy with the Rajo speedster. It's a hill-climbing record holder. It belongs to a friend of my father-in-law. One day he took us over to meet Gary who gladly fired it up in his garage so my son could hear it run. It sounds amazing. He opened it up a little and when he did, the trophy the car had won vibrated off the shelf and busted on the floor. I felt real bad about it. Gary said it was nothing they couldn't glue back together. Really cool nice guy. He also used to race a gasser with a VW body back in the day. Way cool stuff!

7. manyolcars

manyolcars

[ QUOTE ]
    I took these pix at the "All Ford Day" here in Wichita. I don't think this car was built back in the day, but it was neat! First pic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry fella, but those aren't Model A engines. They are Model Ts!

8. Definitely T engines. That's gotta be scary - I've got mine up to 40mph before and it feels outa control on one engine!

9. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

No need to be sorry. I don't know anything about T or A engines. I just know that the cars looked great! Thanks for the info.

10. Thanks for sharing the pics;I always love to see something that is,"outside the envelope".Went to a car show in Dayton Ohio last week and a guy had a Porsche 356 made into a sedan delivery and it looked great!Painted black with gold leaf lettering on the side(the TAJ MA GARAJ.."excessive personal tansportation")Another car there was an early 30's Chrysler 7 passenger limo with HUGE billet wheels and a Viper V-10 under the hood(which looked lost in the engine compartment).Not my style of car but a real head turner and I bet it hauled ass!