Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A project Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blair, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Blair

Blair
    from xx

I figured that it is probably time to show some pictures of what I've been working on. I've got a coupe body that came from Sawracer here on the Hamb, which is going on this chassis.

It's a 283 with a solid comp cam in it, 4x2 manifold w/chrome 97's and a mallory dizzy. Saginaw 4 speed, 40 rear with an open-drive conversion that I built, 40 brakes and spindles, 4 inch drop axle, old chrome hairpins. 39 cross steer box and column, F1 pedals. The frame is a 30-31 AA truck frame shortened with a curved kickup that I built with a 35-40 rear crossmember in the back. The tank is model T from The Hot Rod Company. The wheels are also 40 ford, 7.50x16 in the rear and 6.50x16 in the front.

frame.jpg

frame2.jpg

frame3.jpg

frame4.jpg

frame5.jpg

2. VanHook

VanHook

Lookin good! I also dig yer pickup in the back ground!

3. Erik B

Erik B

Cool! Kind of what I'm doing for my 29 pick up. What is the capacity of the fuel tank? I think I'll run an oval tank up on the vertical axis and I think I can get on from Rootlieb set up that way. I have a 327 that I'm painting and dolling up along with a new dropped I beam axle assembly and Buick brakes from Riley Automotive. Great deal from them with the Alliance discount!

I'm missing that Cali sunshine!

Good job! Please show more! -Erik

4. Blair

Blair
    from xx

If I remember right the tank was about 10 gallons. Really not that big, but I don't mind stopping to get gas. The Hot Rod Company sells mounts to put the tank how you are thinking of doing it. He's an Alliance member too.

5. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

That frame is very well thought out and well executed. It looks like Ford did it. Gonna be a nice car. Yes, Wiley had the last passenger side qtr panel to save my old coupe. I tried hard to save that body, It feels good to know someone saved it.

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Lookin very nice and racey!!

7. Mart

Mart

Lots of nice work there. I especially like the curved kickup. Is the frame pretty heavy? I'm guessing it's pretty thick compared to a car frame??
    Mart.

8. Blair

Blair
    from xx

1/4" thick. Thats why I didn't box it except for at the front where the motor mounts are. I like it because then the fuel lines/brake lines etc are in the channel, it looks more old-timey. I tried to not use any box tubing because I don't think it looks right, even if you have to get under the car to see it.

9. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Looks Good Wiley!

10. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i wanna see the rest