Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A Phantom?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sixinarow, Aug 7, 2007.

1. sixinarow

sixinarow
    from Fargo, ND

Has anyone made a 3 window Model A? I love looks of the Model A already, but just got curious about what it would look like. I searched for a bit and came up with nothing. Let me know.
    -S

2. roddguy

roddguy

Yes, I did see where someone was producing a glass three window 30/31. However I'm sorry I just can't quiet remember who or where it was. I will try to find it.

3. Ted H

Ted H

There is or was an outfit called A/Altered in emporia kansas making a 3 window coupe based on 30-31. 3" chop, longer doors mounted flush with suicide hinges alla 32 3 window.
    Above info from a book called " How to build a hot rod Model A Ford" Has a side view pic of the body only. I always wanted to see what a finished car would look like. Somehow it just doesn't look right to me. The Model A coupe is a very distinctive car in its' own right and one of my favorites. The flush fitting doors would be nice though!
    Ted

4. Elrod

Elrod

Henry Ford' engineers produced a 3 window Model A concept car. It never went into production. Attached is a picture...

Attached Files:

5. sixinarow

sixinarow
    from Fargo, ND

6. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Around what year was this? I have some friends in Emporia that are building 32's but they are using Brookville bodies, I'll bet I can get a line on where the molds went if nothing else. I don't think A/Altered is still around but there are alot of rodders in the area starting to resurrect the old school cars.

7. Someone from the hamb built this one. Forget who it was. Ithink he was from Washigton (state)

Attached Files:

8. amsvette

amsvette

Not sure I care for it. Something doesn't look right on, but maybe it's because I'm used to seeing them all as 5 windows.

9. here is the web site for A/Altered. Personally I like their car. I have seen one done. It was a smoothy style, but looked cool. I wonder about the quality of the body?

http://www.aaltered.com/

Attached Files:

10. sinister13

sinister13

I can say the quality of these bodies is tremendous, he is a family member of mine and groing up i have watched him pour his heart and soul into these things, he builds each and every one to suit each customer. every one is done by him one at a time until finished, theres no assembly line here boys, true craftmanship. the fit is nice, lines great and at first glance almost looks like they were the real deal. like I said every one is built by dennis and i think he has built over 50 of just the three window, meaning he's not mass producing these. Im not trying to brag but he really is about detail and it shows through on these cars. they are also one of the few fiberglass bodies i've seen that use real wood inner structure instead of steel (like from the factory). On a last note I like to give him a hard time sometimes about steel vs glass but I can honestly say one day i am going to own one of these bodies but with maybe a little more chop....:D , anyways check em out they're cool and if your want'n one better hurry cause hes got a couple new bodies comin' out and i think the three window will be on the back burner for a while. later.

11. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

This ^^^^^ looks kick-ass!

12. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

13. Ted H

Ted H

bigd4xman-
    The book was published in 2001. Written by Dennis Parks, edited by Steve Hendrickson. Got my copy from Borders. Published by MBI (Motorbooks International.

Must say, the finished car shown above looks damned nice.

Ted