Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A Frame Dimensions and Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by andrewvolsen, Oct 1, 2008.

1. andrewvolsen

andrewvolsen

Does anyone have all of the dimensions for a stock Model A frame (30-31 if that matters) and good pictures of one? I have an Av8 roadster project at home, but am currently away for college and would like to make a CAD model of my frame and suspension so I have a good guide to go by when I get home. I would be glad to share the model when I'm done if anyone wants it.

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

here it is..i sent you a pm too

Attached Files:

3. andrewvolsen

andrewvolsen

Is the 29 chassis the same as the 30-31?

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I think so..all model A's shared the same frame..just some body and fender modifications for the 30 and 31's..

HAMBer A's..correct me if im wrong.

5. andrewvolsen

andrewvolsen

Cool, is that image full resolution or do you have a larger copy? If so, do you think you could email it to me or something? Thanks.

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Im not sure on its size or resolution..i got it off here

but i saved it to my picture files and im able to print an 8.5"x 11 size and still can read it...Pm me your e-mail.
    I will send it to you.

7. andrewvolsen

andrewvolsen

I have some diagrams of a stock A frame, but still need a value for the thickness of the steel used and a value for the rounded edge between the top/ bottom and side of the rails. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks.

8. andrewvolsen

andrewvolsen

I will also need to find diagrams and values for the crossmembers in the future. I would measure this stuff myself, but I am 600 miles from my frame and will be for a few months.

9. Abone29

Abone29

10. andrewvolsen

andrewvolsen

I've got that one, thanks though. Does anyone know what thickness of steal was used on an original model A frame?

11. Original steel is #11 gauge---thats 1/8".

12. GuyW

GuyW

13. surf10

surf10

Hi guys,
    I know this is an old thread, but did any one end up modeling or drawing a model A chassis in CAD?

Or if i could get a higher res of the drawing attached above that would work too and ill model from there. Ill share the model when completed.

Any help would be great.
    Cheers Craig

14. bchctybob

bchctybob

Try searching Wescottsauto.com, look under tech information there’s lots of good stuff there including a decent size diagram of the Model A frame.