Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A floor stucture?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tysond, Sep 26, 2004.

1. tysond

tysond

Hey, we've been thinking about building the substructure for the pheaton. Our question is...How do you do it?
    I was thinking of building a square tube structure to bolt over the rails, then working out a way to attach all of the body panels to it. We're running full fenders, I don't know if that makes a diference.

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

You could buy replacement parts and do it just like Henry did it. His work is very attractive.

3. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

it is all going to depend on what you have done ? channeled, streched, motor trans ??

4. ABone312

ABone312

If it isn't channeled, just buy the repop ones and weld them in. Check with Brookville Roadster. This is a lot easier and will save you a lot of time.

5. Hmmm, yeah......... if you arent channelling, do it like Henry did. Cross channels are cheap, subrails arent much more.

6. Phil Stevens

Phil Stevens

tyson

is that an aussie touring body? if so it's based on a wooden structure whereas the american bodies are based on the tudor sedan floorpan.
    so it would be better to convert to the tudor sedan type that uses cross channel sections with floor sections between.
    maybe one of these helpfull guys will supply photos or dimensions on the tudor floorpan, much stronger than wood!

Cheers, Phil

7. How about this? Sorry for the quality, I didnt shoot this one.

Attached Files:

8. tysond

tysond

It is an Australian body, it still has a wood structure attached to it, but it's not the best.
    So you guys are saying just buy a new one. Sounds easy enough, but I thought it would have been cheaper to make one.
    Well, I'll look into the cost of a new one and I'll go from there......Thanks.