Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A Fender Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tikidiablo, Feb 7, 2005.

1. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Can anybody tell me if '30/'31 Model A truck fenders set fit on a Ford '29 Tudor Sedan? I did a search and didn't see anything. Sorry if this question has been covered before.

2. JimSibley

JimSibley

No. Well with a welder anything will fit, but as a rule 28-9 are the same and 30-1 are the same. I have a set of 28-9 tudor fenders and a set of 28-9 coupe fenders if you need them.

3. You can make the fronts work with no problem, the rear
    fenders are a different story.

4. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

5. Another good (free) place to check for Model A parts interchanges is http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/.
    They have an online catalog. Unfortunately, they won't often tell you what is a close fit, only what is an exact fit.

6. DrJ

DrJ

The 30-31 fronts are about two inches taller than the 28-29 so you'll need the 30-31 fender brackets.
    (I found this out when I bought what I thought were 29 brackets/irons and they were 30-31's and too tall for the 29 fenders.)
    Good news is you can lower a '30-31 that couple of inches more before the tires hit the fenders :)