Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A Build... Next Step Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29Jay, Mar 30, 2008.

1. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

I need help with the "Next Step" and or the right order of things...
    I am building a 29 Sedan. My frame is close to being done. It needs motor & trans mounts and crossmember. I also need to make a rear spring mount.

I do not know what needs to go 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. I mean, I know what I need to do... I just want to make sure I do things in the right order. I need a gas tank, radator, headers, fuel lines, break lines, pedals and master... on and on...

When do I need to have all of these parts "on-hand" and ready?

We are rebuilding the motor now. It is a weekend or two from coming back to my place. I have help coming to make the motor and trans mounts. How much stuff do I need to have decided on at that time?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Sorry,Not all the pics made it....
    [​IMG]

3. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

4. pecker head

pecker head

Dude , you got it going on , thats nice , what motor is that ?

5. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

It is a '64 Plymouth Poly. It will have a mild hot street cam and a .40 over bore and 3 deuce intake

6. Check ou the PM I sent ya. Have to go work a home show booth, I will check back later.

7. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

Cool a Poly motor. Good luck!

8. Rudgeman

Rudgeman
    from New Jersey

Wow looks familiar, what was it that you needed help with? I am just a little bit ahead but man we are gonna have twins, flatty though. Looks great!

9. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

guess im a little behind you guys as i am just starting my frame, are you channeling the body???

10. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

I guess it is a dumb question... What to buy, when to have it.... I need it, right, I know I do, so I need to get the parts i know I need here now, and then build some more and figure out what I don't have... Spoze I answered my owen ??'s

11. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Yes sir! It will be channeled 3"... I'm using 2x3" steel fro the frame.

12. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Motor will be done next weekend. I will make motor and trans mounts and crossmembers etc. When do I need to have the floor mount break pedal assembly? What about wire harness? Body mounts?

I have the start of the channel, but it is only a start so it will sit where it is supposed to.

From where I am, is there a "must do next" step before I do another? Or is it just keep moving forward one weekend at a time?

13. Glen

Glen

to locate your motor I think you should have the fan and the radiator.

You dont need to mount the radiator, because you dont know how high you want it until the body is on. but you do need to space the motor back so your fan will be at the right distance. It would be nice to do the motor and trans at the same time.

14. Big Dad

Big Dad

Looks good Jay .. !