Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Model a body wood

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mjcat, Feb 28, 2017.

1. mjcat

mjcat

Hey guys, I know it has been talked about many times, but I'm trying to get some current responses and feedback from anyone that has recently purchased a body wood kit for a 1930 model A coupe. I'm needing to replace the majority of the wood in my coupe. I know there a several places I can buy the wood from (Snyders, macs, fordwood, mikes affordable wood) but I wanted to hear if some have had better luck with one over the other. Also are there any places that I may have not heard About. Any advice would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

always good luck with Snyders , the kits I have, the wood looks nice but Ive only just started to fit it so cant say how much fiddling you will need to do :)

dana barlow likes this.
  3. i bought wood for my `30 ford coupe last year from Snyder's..the fit was good and they had it in stock. i had called around and found out some venders do not stock it AND the number of actual makers of the wood kits has been dwindling in recent years

4. In doing research on wood kits for my A coupe project , the same name keeps popping as far as a quality supplier..
    Check this company out...Since they are fairly close to me , its where I'm going to buy my kits..

http://www.classicwoodproductsllc.com/

5. mjcat

mjcat

6. DdoubleD

DdoubleD
    from Michigan

Purchased a kit for my model A pickup from Macs. Pieces fit perfectly. I did have to sand down the out side corners of the header to fit the visor but that was no big deal. Kit came from a company in NY, I think. Threaded fasteners and connecting parts were excellent.