Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A bear claw conversion kit Windsor Fab/Sachse Rod Shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ModelEh1931, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ModelEh1931

ModelEh1931

http://www.sachserodshop.com/web_body.pdf
    **PAGE 222**

I'm thinking about buying this kit to install in my coupe...wanted to know if anyone has it/used it or seen it in person ??? I have some concerns regarding the placement of the new bear claw latches....seems a bit low to put them in place of the dovetails ???

I have all new reproduction latches and hardware but I'm still a bit weary about using them.

Any opinions ...?

Thanks

2. Anderson

Anderson

Personally.....I wouldn't use it. Not very impressed with anything Windsor has to offer.

The latch is too small and placement not ideal in my opinion. The sleeve with inner cable to go around the bottom of the window seems flimsy. Seems hard to install having to weld brackets inside the window channel. That said, it does work....if you are up for the challenge. We've sold numerous kits and I haven't had anyone complaining about it.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  3. ModelEh1931

ModelEh1931

My doors latch and fit pretty nicely now with the new repro stuff...when latched...I can yank on the outside handle pretty aggressively and it won't un-latch....but that's not an accurate test...vibration and driving on rough roads could be another story....

4. Anderson

Anderson

Comparing the reliability of the stock stuff (or lack thereof?) to the pain it would be to install this kit, I'd stick with the factory latches. If you are really worried about them popping open, maybe install a pin-style lock on in the door jamb area.

5. ModelEh1931

ModelEh1931

Thanks for the help...I agree...the placement of the bear claw in the kit doesn't look ideal...where as the factory latch is pretty much at the perfect location. I was leaning towards keeping the stock stuff...I just need to make the call before the body goes in for paint, so I don't have to hack anything up after the fact. The pin lock is definitely a good idea I will use. The car will have lap belts as well.