Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mockup....Project WARPIG...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Jan 5, 2008.

1. T-Roy

T-Roy

"...I'm going to bet money that the coupe body will find another use."

I'm betting you will lose your money. I'm thinkin' Dave is gonna make it happen because he seems quite determined... He's got skillz and he's got HAMB'rs backing him up on these crazy ideas. :cool:

2. georgep

georgep

how did cotton werksman do it in a roadster sitting in front of the firewall 25 plus years ago ?

3. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Most guys ran just a clutch can direct drive to the rearend, that only gave them the ability to run high gear only and no reverse....some tried to run in/out box's, but had alot of breakage...The best thing they had going for them was the lack of traction due to the rubber technology availiable to them at the time, it kept many of the setups living for the next run.........I talked to the builder and driver of the SpeedSport in great depth over this...Littleman..so the trick is to build it for the modern era and maintain a Traditional flavor...

4. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

...I'm going to bet money that the coupe body will find another use.

I can answer that......it will go from a street under powered wanker in stock form...to a Drag Car..........Littleman...and it will be as safe as I can build it.....

5. Codeman

Codeman
    from SE Mo

Dave you might consider a Dana 300 T case, tough in stock form but I don't know how much it would hold up too but there is a ton of after market support including a bullet proof replacement case. Very compact to boot . Here is some info about the replace a case.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=646201

6. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Great project, Amazing build ! I'm sure alot of hot rodders had the same opinion back in the day when P38 fuel tanks were first talked about/seen/used at the land speed trials. Doesn't everyone now wish they had a P38 tank hanging in their garage. Stick with your vision, who cares if no one understands. If you have to explain your vision, well they wouldn't understand anyways.... Looks like you are going back to some traditional drag racing roots to me......

7. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

8. beatnik

beatnik

Hi Dave, ran across this going through some old mags and thought of you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gus

9. how great it must have been when guys were trying all kinds of crazy stuff at the track trying to find whatever advantage they could.. good for you littleman for taking us back!

10. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

HOLY CRAP! This thing is so far outside the box I don't even know if Plowboy can see him!

11. JimSibley

JimSibley

Did anyone else notice that the frame on that T isnt even boxed! Wow

12. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

13. stragedy

stragedy

I saw a divorced NP205 on my local Craigs list the other day for $100 i thought of this project....

14. Plowboy

Plowboy

Davey, I love you.

15. drflex

drflex

how about an update....

16. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I have shifted gears just for the moment and will update soon....Littleman

17. Tindall

Tindall

18. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

PMSL

19. sickboy

sickboy
    from canada

why don't you try using a tranny and half shafts from a toronado then you could put the engine even further back, it would be almost centered over the rear wheels?

20. sickboy

sickboy
    from canada

sorry someone already mentioned the toronado set-up...

21. Awesome! I love it!

I can't believe I missed this one. How about using modern caddy transaxle and then rotate your hemi 30-40 degrees toward the rear to make more lumbar room? The motor would poke half out of the deck lid opening. In fact you could leave the deck lid off all together. Your injector stacks could point out the rear like a rooster tail.

22. El-Cid

El-Cid

You can tell a good story; I could actually hear this in my head. It gave me goosebumps; that's cool. I'm looking forward to the progress of this coupe too.

23. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

thinking of you....

[​IMG]

24. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

25. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

This thing really got me thinking about your coupe when I saw it at Don Garlit's museum. It was one of my favorite things there. Not trying to hijack, but thought it might be cool for a little inspiration:
    Dan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Speed Sport roadster is right up there as one of the best looking race cars ever!

27. This is my friend Ej Kowalski's car. This guy is the real deal... works 18 hours a day building the most unique tradtionally built stuff I've seen under one roof. Tons of it, like a museum. Think he has at least 7 Bonneville cars, 3 dragsters, etc.

Funny thing is, he joind the Hamb not to long ago and made a inside joke about a friend... and was kicked off. Ha, this guy deserves to be here more then most of us... The Hamb has know idea what it lost... He is better off building then playing on the computer, look out for this guy. He is pretty talented, and a hell of a guy.

28. I met him at the showdown drags last fall, seemed like a alright dude. Shame that someone with that talent isnt on the hamb....I love that car of his.

29. SpDDmN

SpDDmN

Wow Dave!that's gonna be one wicked ride!

30. 3step

3step

Finally a solution to the heater/no heater debate.