Register now to get rid of these ads!

Minnesota Bonneville get-together

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turbostude, Sep 28, 2011.

1. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

[​IMG]
    1st Yearly Post Bonneville Get-together
    Join us at Griggs park in St. Paul on Saturday October 15th (day before Roadsters Swap Meet)when we will get Bonneville cars, bikes and racers together to benchrace, view in car videos and listen to engines. For those of you who have never been to the great white dyno, this is a chance to learn what it is all about and help us plan for 2012. We will have a pot luck from noon to 4. Bring your rod if you can. The park is north of University and just west of lexington. 1188 Hubbard. Call Greg for details at 320-282-4577 or [email protected]

2. I missed you out there at Speedweek. Neat thing you are doing!

3. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

Thinking about going to new ECTA venue in Wilmington OH. in the spring.

4. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

Don't forget next Saturday. We'll have the Rocketman's latest creation, a steam-punk bonneville racebike with a 100 year old Michealson motor in it. Also the Salt2Salt racer, Steve Hamel's Vincent and maybe the Ravenworks 34' coupe.

5. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

Looks like the Vincent and the Ravenworks car won't be there due to some unforeseen circumstances, but there will likely be rods, our car and Ky (Rocketman) Michaelson's bike, videos and food. Like to do this as an annual event. It would be a good time to pick our minds if you are contemplating LSR in Utah, Ohio or Maine. If you would like to work with the Salt2Salt team, here is a chance to get in on 2012.

6. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

I'm going to try to make it, sounds like an interesting gathering. As long as I have everything packed up and ready to go for sundays swap meet, I can make it.

7. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

Hope to see you there!

8. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

Thanks to everyone that came over. We had two racers with records over 200mph who dropped by, and Steve Hamel who broke Rollie Free's Vincent record. Hope to have this be an annual event.

9. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

Your little event was a fun time, thanks for the invite! Your stude is awesome, and there was a great bunch of guys there with some cool cars. I had fun, learned alot, and made some new friends. I even caught a little bit of the Bonneville LSR bug. Went home and watched the Worlds Fastest Indian for the first time. Maybe someday....

Joel

10. Damn, wish I had seen this earlier. Sounds like a good time and I used to live at 1161 Hubbard.

11. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

We'll do it again in October next year.

12. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

How did you like my freind Daves Erskine with the 289 stude motor . That car has come a long way since he first brought the body down here to make panels . Sounds like he will be here this weekend working on the roof .

13. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

I saw the Erskin. That is a neat car, I have never heard of an Erskin before. Were they made in Minnesota?

14. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Hey Greg, I see you got a picture in the January 2012 issue of Hot Rod Deluxe. They were impressed with your tiny-but-heavy V8. :)