Register now to get rid of these ads!

Minneapolis HAMBers...Garages?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bradberry00, Jan 13, 2008.

1. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I moved to the Twin Cities about four years ago for school...I got out of cars for a bit to focus on my education. But, I am almost done with school and the car bug has bitten down very hard...I want back in.

My question is, does anyone know where I could rent a small work space in the metro area to work on a car this summer? Anyone have an extra stall? I am very poor, but I really need to do some tinkering on a car.

thanks,
    David

2. bob myers

bob myers

Get a copy of the Minn.Street Rod Assn`s newsletter called the Linechaser. It`s really a magazine. In the classifieds I have seen garages for rent. Ask any performance shop in your area and they can point you in the right direction for the Linechaser. Good luck.

3. Hmmm.... Afraid To Work Outside...?

4. 40Tudor

40Tudor

Good memories there. Changing the leaky lower radiator hose on my '76 Jimmy in my parking space in front of an apartment with a big party going on. It was Friday night and we got 2" snow while I was working on it. Takes longer when you have to entertain drunks while working.

I still have to work outside occasionally. Last winter 0°F my clutch interlock failed - car wouldn't start so I couldn't pull it in. Icy driveway, no help, blah, blah, blah - had to fix it outside.

What doesn't kill you make you stronger ;-) I'm sure everyone has their stories.

Ran across this on craigslist a week or two ago. May or may not be what you're after.
    http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/tls/502612753.html

If you're tinkering on an otherwise running car, it's plenty easy (and cheap) to do outside.

5. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

tinkering wasn't the best word....I will be building. I need to weld etc....

6. Did we SAY you could come back?!:D

I will ask some folks I know up there. A couple rented workspaces, you may not dig the hood they are in but it will keep you on your toes:eek:

7. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

not a problem, I lived in the "hood" been mugged at gun point by five people before. Got away without giving them a single cent.

8. Welcome back BTW! What part of town are you in?

9. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

right now I actually live in Saint Paul. However, I lived in South Minneapolis (about six or so blocks from downtown) and will be moving back there in May.

10. Number sent in your PMs