Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mini starters for nailheads?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frizby, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

Having some clearence issuses with my steering and my starter, does anyone make a mini starter for a nailhead. Or is there anyway to run a different starter or make an adapter to a different starter. I've never seen any or heard of anyone doing this just trying to figure something out. Have any of you guys ever moved your motor a little to one side or is that bad news?

Another question I have is how much clearence should a kingpin have. Should it be a pressed fit or just slip in?

Last question, How far from your radiator should your motor sit or does it matter. How far is to far, does it effect cooling having it to close or to far away?

2. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Pretty sure it's Tom Telesco that sells nailhead mini-starters. Hit eBay, I see em on there from time to time, but not sure if it's him selling them on there. Also check the Yahoo BuickNailhead group, he posts there.

3. AHotRod

AHotRod

YES!

Thomas Telesco (sp?) makes brand new mini-starters for the Nailhead.

Be right back.........

4. AHotRod

AHotRod

Tom goes by "Telriv" here on the HAMB

5. williebill

williebill

Toms starter is a good piece..got one a while back for my 401...he is on the HAMB,and will probably see your post..he's posted several times recently about his roller rockers..think he goes by telriv...

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Mini-starters. Weigh 8lbs. 9ozs. Will fit '61-'66 364/401/425 engines only at this time. All brand new, no rebuilts. $299.00 plus shipping.

E-mail, [email protected] or [email protected]
    Phone, days, 8Am-6Pm, M-F, (203) 324-6045
    Snail mail: Tom Telesco
    C/O Classic & Muscle Automotive
    465 Glenbrook Rd.
    Stamford, Ct. 06906-1820

7. AHotRod

AHotRod

Z,

I should have known that you would have all the information on Tom. I PM'd him earlier to have him stop in on the thread.
    Glenn

8. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

Killer info! I knew it wouldn't take long on here. Thanks Z-man I'm glad you're still talking to me. kind of pricey. but what else are you gonna do, if you want to stay in El Ray the price is 30 % right!

9. telriv

telriv
    from Conn.

Frizby, yes, thanks to the Z-Man all the info is correct. Thank you Z-Man!!!! A quality mini-starter made by anyone, even a SBC is over $300.00 how can this be spendy???? We're not talking about selling thousands, many a couple hundred if I'm lucky, so I feel that the cost is competitive with any & all other quality parts out there. As far as Evil-bay goes I haven't seen one on there for a couple years now.
    Payment is by Postal Money Order ONLY. Made out to myself. Price is correct at $299.00 & shipping to Ill. should be about $16.00, for a total of $315.00. As soon as the PMO arrives the starter will be in the mail, I have them in stock. Either give me a land line number or an e-mail address where I can reach you to give you the tracking number.
    Thank you for your, hopefully, purchase. I want you to be pleased with the product. Any comments positive or negative are welcome.
    Thanks again,

Tom Telesco

10. telriv

telriv
    from Conn.

Frizby, I forgot. Just to be sure, what year & model of NailHead???

And also, a big THANKS to Glenn!!!!!!
    Thanks again, Tom T.