Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Milwaukee Area Packard Custom.....Info?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Centurion9, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Moose was kind enough to try to recreate one of my favorite Local cars from the early '60's through a photoShop photo. The actual car looks like this one, but has Silver Scallops on the front and rear fenders tipped in a Rust color. It spent most of it's life at a gas station between 13th and 14th and Oklahoma on the South Side. The car was actually a little lower than shown and the color was a bit lighter shade of Silver Green. Do any of my older Milwaukee area Hambers remember this car? Thanks.....Centurion9

[​IMG]

2. The Gas Station owner (Jerry Rakowski?) also had two other local cars of note. A Bright Yellow '40 Chevy Coupe and a Short Bed matching Yellow early Pick-Up that eventually boasted Stained Glass Windows......Anyone?

3. My best friends Dad owned a business called Quality Canvas, which was one block north of Oklahoma on 13th street. We used to see that car out in front of the station on weekends. Never knew what it was, and really don't know anything more, but thanks, because I haven't thought about it for almost 50 years. I think it was a Clark station, maybe not :confused:. The word was that "Butch" Brinza painted it, but that's what most people said about any car with custom paint on the south side. That and the interior was done by Kasper Auto Trim. If you're from Waterford you know who that is, he used to be down on KK on the south side.

4. Thanks oldschool....I was beginning to think I had lost my mind somewhere along the way....My buddy and I used to grab our cameras and hitch rides all over Milwaukee just to hunt down cool cars...I used to have my own photos of these cars but they have gone the way of many good things. Kasper is about 6 blocks from me now. Thank you....Centurion9

5. sub006

sub006

That's a Clipper, isn't it? A really graceful "transition" design leading from the Thirties into the Forties! Problem was, the poor cars came out not long before Pearl Harbor so 99% of the people who wanted one couldn't buy one for over four years. And the other car compamies had time to work up newer, competitive designs which started coming out in the fall of 1946.

I've always considered them nice looking cars, but never thought of one as a custom. Please build one, if even "needy" ones haven't gotten too expen$ive!

6. Yes sub006....It's a '41 packard Clipper. As far as Customs are concerned, I like the idea of daring to be different. It was even hard to find a stock photo of the '41. It was truly a Big Beautiful car.