Register now to get rid of these ads!

Miles A Year? How many do you do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TinShed, Jan 4, 2012.

1. TinShed

TinShed

It would be so nice to live where I could drive year around but then it would suck to have to do improvements during prime driving time.

Bull do tell the story about your avatar?sp picture.

2. DirtyJoe

DirtyJoe

About 1000 miles a year with my '46 ford pickup. 0 miles so far with the model A

3. phat rat

phat rat

3-5000 most years but has been as high as 13,000

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

5. Cool Thread, I put 1250 on my 64 belair that had 41k original, now 42250.

Attached Files:

6. Bull

Bull

I'll do one better . . . video. First fire up of my Titus-built Tudor at about 4am on Friday of Back to the 50's last year after a 48+ hour straight thrash.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BkMChR2iRTA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Drive mine to work usually three days a week or so, weekends all the time... three deuces on a 327....about 10 mpg... I'm coming up on almost 7000 miles in the past year.

8. TinShed

TinShed

That is nuts, did he have any eyebrows left?

9. 15k...easy! The Merc's a daily driver.

10. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

The eyebrow hair will grow back . :eek:

I didn't drive mine nearly as much as I wanted to this year . I have switched from a Y block to a beefed up 302 & C4 . I still have to finish up the body work and re wire the car still . Hopefully this year I will be driving her as much as possible . That also means I will need more money for gas but that's OK . I will just do without something else to pay for the extra gas so I can do some more driving this year ! :D

Retro Jim

11. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

I put 5k on my motorcycle this past year, so hopefully more than that whenever I get my roadster done...

12. two years ago about 20 miles on mine. Last year maybe 10.
    Mostly somewhere near eighth mile at a time, as I have my own dragstrip rite in front of my house. Of course when the sheriff or troopers are around it's a county road. But when they're through making their monthly cruise.....

13. barebones32

barebones32

From the completion of the build in June 2002 till the theft last January, 2011 (8 1/2 years) I put on 62,000 miles. That averages out to 7,300 miles per year. Not too shabby for a 6-71-blown SBC powered highboy '32 roadster, huh?

Attached Files:

14. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I'm on limited (Concessional) registration and clock up 5K klms per annum. There's always a car event on somewhere or I'm out road testing. It doesn't snow here so I'm not laid up for the winter, sunny and hot most of the time apart from when it rains and being an open car it's not much fun when you're cold and wet.

15. miraclepieco

miraclepieco
    BANNED

1000 miles in 6 years. I'm so ashamed...

But in my defense, I am a professional driver who averages over 100,000 miles per year on the job and has over 3 MILLION total miles driven. The LAST thing I want to do on my days off is drive!

16. TinShed

TinShed

You could always take up nitting. :D

17. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

My '61 Suburban is my daily driver... between 10,000-15,000 a year, depending on the year.
    In the last three years I've driven it through 16 states.

The wife's daily is a '61 Corvair wagon... speedo's broke, so I don't know how many miles we've put on it, but the first year we had it, it went from Indian to Georgia and back up to Ohio, to North Carolina a couple times, and to Virginia once (where they got about 8 inches of snow, and I discovered the bellypan of a Corvair makes a bitchin' toboggan).

Until my son got the '01 Dakota this summer, the '61s were our only tagged and insured vehicles.

-Brad

18. Hooptologist

Hooptologist

I put about 4,500 on the ol' wagon last year in the 4 1/2 months I had it on the road.

I put another 150 on it the last 3 days,
    had over a foot of snow on the ground this time last year, what a strange winter.
    I just hope the weather is this nice in a cpl weeks when I gotta drive it down to the Autorama.

19. Not nearly enough. I get it out of the garage around May and then put it back near the end of September. In that time I usually get it out for 1 night a week, maybe to work on Friday, and any driving on the weekends.

I don't know how much that is as my speedo don't work, but can't be that many.

20. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:(

Since Shades of the Past 2011 ... ( 2nd weekend in September ) I have driven the 32 3W
    ... 41 miles ...
    and the 32 roadster even less ... :eek:

I do plan on picking the pace back up ... to the previous 4 or 5 thousand miles a year :D