Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Mike Mayfield's Passing Last Week.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 343w, Jul 7, 2014.

1. 343w

343w

For those that knew Mike you'll agree he was one of a kind. He was a hot rodder through and through and had countless cars through the years. Although he was sometimes hard to get along with, in reality he was a generous soul once he got to know you. You will be missed ole buddy, we'll see you and one of your 32's on the other side....

2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I knew Mike and he was just as you described. I hadn't talked to him in recent years but my memories of him were after we became friends he was very cordial and loved to talk cars. He always teased me when he found out at one time I was in the pork business he would call me(Pig Farmer).

3. The name sounds familiar but can't place it,,where did he live? HRP

4. 343w

343w

Mike was the Alabama NSRA rep one time. He had several nick names like "Fat Boy," and "Migabucks", but as I said earlier, he was a car guy through and through. In years past he usually had swap meet space at most of the events in the south.

5. Fat Boy defiantly rings a bell,I knew the name but just couldn't place him.

NSRA Alabama rep...seems we are loosing a lot of the older NSRA guys that were there in the beginning. R.I.P. Mike. HRP