Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Mighty Mo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clik, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Damn that's cold Don. Funny as hell but....cold. That was shot on the trip going home from St. Elizabeths. I'm free, free at last.....

2. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

Haven't thought about St Elizabeth's in 50 years...I had to do a pickup there one time with the Banning tow truck. It was really creepy inside that walled in asylum...saw many unusual people & actions the half hour I was in there...lol

3. ,....................Not the kind of place you would want to spend more than half an hour in.:eek:

lothianwilly71 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  4. That's where I met Don. We joined forces trying to escape. I scotched taped 50 pigeons to Don's arms, would of made it too if that damn guard didn't throw that bag of popcorn in the rock garden.

5. I thought Don was a few cans short of a 6 pack...

6. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

Speaking of six packs...what was the name of that Trampoline Center on (I believe) Ager Rd? Been so long since I drove in Hyattsville can't remember which roads are which!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. ....................Maybe Wraymen can recall that place. I remember those trampoline places sprung up all over the place, kinda like slot car tracks.......then suddenly, they were all gone. Guess the liability insurance got very expensive very quickly.

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  8. Just asked my mom she does not remember that place was it by Pamer ford area?

9. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

It wasn't too far from the Palmer Ford/Mighty Mo area...

10. I do not recall the trampoline craze. I do remember the slot car track at Chillum Heights apartment complex.

11. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

Didn't know there was a craze...only remember the one place...

12. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

In celebration of those who served and made the ultimate sacrifice...Thank you for your service, love of country and willingness to protect the Freedom we hold so dear...prayers for the families you left behind and Honor & Respect for you and your memory!

13. Does anyone remember this stock car racer and Hyattsville resident. Maybe know of him or perhaps his off-spring? 1179273.jpg

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  14. Does not ring a bell but will ask around...

15. Don't have a clue, Don. Maybe ask around at Marley tomorrow nite.

16. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

Doesn't look familiar and don't know the name...not the greatest photo though...lol

17. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

Wishing all of you a wonderful, safe & happy Independence Day!

18. ........................Same right back at you, Bob. Be safe................Don.

19. ...........I did speak with one fellow at Marley who grew up in Hyattsville. He said that the name was one he had heard of before. Didn't get a chance to talk to him for very long as he was busy with his Dorsey memorabilia displays. Will catch up with him again and follow up.

20. What were you driving when you cruised through the Mighty Mo or the Hot Shoppes? Post up your hot-rod from back in the day. 1st car, '53 Ford Mainline, $35 in 1966.jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  21. Mo was pretty well done when I was driving.:(

22. Me too...☹

Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  23. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

No photos :( but my ride was a 1956 Chevy 2 door...no front bumper and a chrome pipe wedged into the front frame extension! 265 ci & a 3 speed tranny...bought it w/ shifter on the column & changed it to a floor shift.

lothiandon1940 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  24. Surely would enjoy seeing your '56, Bob, but then, nobody had cell phones or digital cameras back in those pre-historic days.:) I remember a White one that was around but, I can't remember if it had a tubular front bumper or a Corvair piece. Seems like they were a popular substitute for the bulkier, stock '56 unit. Anyone else have pictures of their ride from back in the day or the car of a friend?

lothianwilly71 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  25. I can remember eating there as a young boy....

26. Hyattsville back in the day. No Mighty Mo shots. 700x472x8a34512u-1024x691.jpg.pagespeed.ic.fvJU4oIdj0.jpg fields_buick_destruction_1.jpg fields_buick_destruction_4.jpg ca2038c0a7db5c2cc832294bec28d444.jpg