Register now to get rid of these ads!

Midwest Willys stash found!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Oct 7, 2003.

1. I went up to deliver a rear axle to this guy in Iowa this afternoon and claim my 53 Nash. He'd told me he owned a few Willys cars and even a pickup but I wasn't prepared to see what I saw when I came around the corner to his place. He lives in a little dinky farmhouse 5 miles from a miniscule town of about 200 people. Bluffs in front of his place and cornfields behind. He had more old willys's than I've seen in one place before and yes, I hadda score one. I got the second worse one he had...the old 37 sedan made into a pickup..
    He has some for sale too. I'll list 'em in the HAMB classifieds. Here's a teaser shot of my new pickup. It's a back-burner project and I'm not planning on even taking it off his propitty 'till next year...with the 53 Nash project. Feast yer eyes on one rough "pickup".

Attached Files:

2. The '42 sedan behind my pickup was the worse one he had. Parts only and damn few of 'em on that wreck.
    Here's another teaser for ya...a running, titled 37 sedan for $3000...........I'll post his name and number in the classifieds...check it.

Attached Files:

3. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

hey, how many cars did he have there total? If you arent picking it up till next year, why did you load it onto a trailer lol??....................Briggs

4. B&S...he has 2 cars and some parts. Check the classifieds..I bought it right where it sits.......on the back of that truck. He's gonna store it for me at his place 'until I arrange a place to put it. Got 2 projects in front of it...

5. fordiac

fordiac
    from Medina, Oh

so why did you take the two cars in the worst shape?

so you could do a good deed?

or to get on his good side for later?

combination of both?

Just wondering

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

Ahhhhh ,,,now YOU are a Willys owner too !
    Just got home from the HotRod Reunion...what a blast. Jennifer and I spent the majority of the time looking at all of the "way-cool" HotRods there...and she found one that she wants me to build her one just like it. GOD, I'm a lucky guy.
    Glenn

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

AHotRod, You should let Jennifer hang out with Mrs. Rocky. Look at what he has been able to get away with all these years. Maybe she will share her outlook with Jennifer. HAHA!!!

Frank

8. AHotRod

AHotRod

Frank,
    Well....I've already got a '30 "A", '41 Willys coupe and a '47 Crosley Wagon. She is way cool, loves HotRods and squeals like little girl when I mash the throttle !!!!!
    Glenn

9. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

[ QUOTE ]
    He had more old willys's than I've seen in one place before

[/ QUOTE ]

but then

[ QUOTE ]
    he has 2 cars and some parts

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, I just dont get it. Youve never seen more than one willys at one time? I must be reading it wrong..................................Briggs

10. He has 2 Willys and some parts for sale. He also has a 37 Pickup going together in the garage and a 41 chassis and fenders in the other garage. Then, there's the 40 sedan and the 37 sedan in the yard and the homemade 37 Pickup and a smashed up 42 sedan parts-car on his car hauler.
    That really is more Willys than I've seen in one spot before. There are very few Willys cars around this part of the midwest. Not sure why unless it's because the production numbers are pretty low?

11. 53Chebby

53Chebby

Hey Rocky that place looks really familiar. Is it around Mo. Valley? If so let me know when your ready to go pick it up and I'll help if it's on a weekend. You can stop by the shop for a Diet Dr Pepper too.

12. It's 5 miles east of Mondaimon...prolly 20-30 miles north of Mo Valley and nestled right at the foot of the bluffs. It's a looong way from Ames but it'd be fun to see ya. I won't be hauling anything home 'till next spring at the earliest....

13. moparrodder

moparrodder

Hey Rocky!! I also thought that place looked familiar too, It's not to far from my sisters place. Give me a shout in the spring and I'll help ya get it loaded, it's just a hop,skip and a jump from Dunlap!! Later, Bill [​IMG]

14. Will do, Bill....thanks

15. 53Chebby

53Chebby

Not a prob, I will be back in MV almost every weekend this spring trying to get the '53 ready for the summer. I used to date a girl from just east of Mondamin before you hit highway 183 and my grandparents are from Magnolia so I've probably seen that place a time or two, just thought it looked familiar for some reason. Anyway, give me a shout whenever you are ready to go get'em.

16. Well, Bill.....to quote the locals....."The house is where the black cow was last tuesday"..
    It's close to a corn field too.......

17. moparrodder

moparrodder

Rocky, I went by it today in the semi and it is only a mile and a half from my sisters place!! Was that a big ole Nash sittin in the back row with some Chevys? On up the road(183) about 8 miles or so on a right hand curve there is another pile of cars sittin in the trees, don't know if there is any real old stuff, didn't have time to investigate, I think they are part of Eddie Johnson's stash of cars and in Pisgah where his old dealership is across the street there is some kind of roadster, really looked weird, couldn't tell what it was or started out as. Oh 53 Chebby the place is the first one south of suicide hill on the west side of the road(183). I know of a farm by Buck Grove, Ia that has a few old cars that might be had for not too much. I'll try and get some pics as soon as I can. Later, Bill [​IMG]