Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Midway Auto Salvage (Junk Yard Gold! Everything is for sale) Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PeteFromTexas, Oct 30, 2010.

1. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Looks like some seriously decent iron to put back on the road. Wish I had more room at my place...

2. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

soooo many cars.... soooo little money:(.... and so little time!

3. so are they just selling whole car or are parts availible?

it looks to me that someone just wanted to collect stuff and piss people off with all the no parts writtewn all over the cars

4. billys54

billys54

someone has to buy some of this stuff

5. elmcitydave

elmcitydave

6. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Some cars are being sold whole and some are available for parting out. Some of the nicer, more complete cars are the ones being sold whole and not available for parts.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for the photo tour! Lots of stuff there should be saved but I can see the problem is location, state of the econemy, and true cost of getting whatever vehicle you pick home in your garage. Reality is not every car/truck can be saved.

8. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I look at that and can understand why an owner would just crush everything. Dealing with people who just want one part and then want to haggle over the price day after day would drive me nuts! It's be easier to just scrap the whole damn mess take a check and retire. Funny, I never used to feel this way. but I look at those acres full of cars and think of the headache it'd be.

9. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

It sure isn't user frindly to get one out.You could spend a few days to extract one in the thick of the pack.

10. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin

i see some corvairs i'd like to have!

11. im going to buy a plymouth parts car from this place for sure

His prices seem a lot better then CTC's

12. Dchaz

Dchaz

bought all the door locks off a econoline van from him a couple years ago. Nice guys and pretty cheap ( paid like 30 bucks for all 4 locks and they still had the little flip doors on them)
    No sign out front so you have to keep a eye out for it.

13. Sauli

Sauli

Wow! Unbelievable! I see a lot of stuff that sure wouldn´t be sitting around at a junkyard around these parts at a peril of being "crushed" for too long! The ´59-60 Chevies, ´56+´59 Caddies for starters...

14. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

You know it! You know what its like in jersey with all the cancer.

15. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

I spoke to one of the employees today. He told me the EPA has told them that every employee has to be "licensed" to pull parts or work the counter. I am skeptic about this because there are too many U-Pull-It recyclers here and everywhere else.

It's true about having big bucks to buy anything there. I tried to buy a Ford Unibody that he had marked "No Parts". Wanted way too much $. Went back a few months later and the body shell was there but everything else was picked off. Sort of pissed me off. The employee told me if you catch him when he needs to get some ready cash, you can buy anything. The only problem with that is, he hardly ever needs ready cash because he is very wealthy right now. I personnaly has seen his private collection of Mustang GT 350's. At least three 65-66 and one Hurst GT 350. This in addition to many other very desirable and collectible makes.

16. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

I was thinking the same thing:eek: it would take a month of sundays to get one out that is in the middle :(

17. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

If they lined the decent ones up in rows and trimmed the grass there probably wouldn't be much flak. I bet there is several cars thats totally wasted they could crush and make the powers that be happy too. Hope it all gets worked out before they say the hell with the trouble and smash everything!

18. Rusty

Rusty

thanks for the pics, saves me a trip

19. AsphaltOutlawHero - want the one in the middle - no prob - these guys run "CRUSHERS" (they have more than one) all over Texas (they crush yards out)....and bring back what's left of the oldies....THEY HAVE THE TRACTORS TO MOVE THIS STUFF.....so if you want one....bring some money....and a trailer?

20. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

That's just an amazing "graveyard"!!!
    THIS one piqued my interest, has it been "shortened" somehow? I see a weld area, and the side window looks way too out of shape!

Attached Files:

• 078.jpg
      078.jpg
      File size:
      210.7 KB
      Views:
  21. Wheelie

Wheelie
    from Dallas

I may have to head out there. Is he a reasonable person to deal with or is he real proud of everything from your experience?

22. 1939STREETROD

1939STREETROD

nice blast...thanks for the pics...too bad NY is so far away.....

23. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

Imagine if we HAD something like that in NY!?!?!?

24. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Yeah. I don't know what the story is on that car. I laughed when I saw it. Pretty cool.

I asked about a few cars and the prices where fair. He is a cool guy. He knows what he has but isn't out of this world on prices.

25. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Ok. I've been trying to figure this one out. I didn't look close enough while I was there. What is it???

Attached Files:

• 094.jpg
      094.jpg
      File size:
      304 KB
      Views:
    • 093.jpg
      093.jpg
      File size:
      226.5 KB
      Views:
  26. chubbie

chubbie

1941 chevy coupe

27. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

THANK YOU!!! Finally I know what it is!

28. I'm amazed at how many of those cars have had someone jump up and down on the hoods and roofs. Unbelievable.

29. Zombie Duck

Zombie Duck

I wish I still had a good paying job, I would hook up the gooseneck and pick up 3 or 4 of them. I really hate to think they will be crushed. :(

30. The 41 chevy has been moved all over that yard. It looked fairly good the first time I saw it. I have gotten good deals and fair deals from them. All seens to even out. Shame they are having problems with the Gov.