Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Midland Michigan car show and swapmeet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyardjeff, Apr 25, 2017.

1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am planning on attending the June event and wondering if anyone on here that lives in mid Michigan will be attending,its a car show,swapmeet and antique flea market all in one and has been about 12 years since I was last there. I will be driving my 55 sunliner that was last up in Michigan in 67 and will go on the check out the old family property in the Irons area after the show and will be taking mostly all two lane roads on this trip like we did back in 67.

spurgeonforge likes this.
  2. I live in Midland.
    The June show is the first show of 3 that happen each year. As long as the weather is good it'll be a good time. There will be a couple hundred cars, the swap is pretty good and the antique portion is huge.
    I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend yet or not. It depends on my kids ball schedule. If I'm in town I always drop in for a while.
    Have fun on your trip. Drop me a line if you have any questions about the area.

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I found out about this show around 20 years ago and since we had property up there started attending and really enjoyed it and will have a car there for the first time this year,thinking about staying in the Clare area since I would think all the rooms in Midland will be taken and then head west.

4. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I go to the June show and September show if weather or something doesn't get in the way. I drive about 100 miles but enjoy it. There's a ton of stuff for our women to enjoy as well. We stop in Clare for breakfast on our way down.

5. topher5150

topher5150

I'm considering it
    Is there anything coming up closer to the lake michigan side?

6. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If I can come up from Ohio you can make it to Midland.

7. topher5150

topher5150

Ohhhhhhhhh fine, I guess it beats an eight hour drive to Wisconsin

8. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Its going to be almost 8 hours for me.