Register now to get rid of these ads!

Michigan Hambers....Need help to identify Chevy II

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WICKEDJOHN, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Any Michigan Hamb members out there remember this Chevy II?? Was told it was from Pentwater / Ludington area?? I am trying to find some drag race history/ past owners and where it was raced...Muskegon, Ubly etc.... ??

What I do know is that it is a Real 118 Super Sport V8, 4 speed car, 20K Orig. miles, olds/pontiac rear, slapper bars, cast T-10 trans, safety loops, blow proof bell, fenderwell headers, Hurst Ram rod/vertigate shifter, back seat removed, flat 'glass hood, tow tabs, M & H Racemaster 29x9" slicks
    ....Hope someone can help and or identify this car? Thank you! John :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  2. Probibly not much help, but that car looks like I grew up lusting over. In the mid-eighties there used to be a car that looked just like this parked in a garage a mile from where I grew up.
    All I would ever see was the ass end of it poking out from a car cover in the garage. The car was never driven but supposidly was an old drag car car back in the day. Then about '87 or '88 the car would get pulled out about twice a year. The driver would go screaming down the street, turn around and come flying back by my house and straight back into the garage. I remember standing in the yard watching it and loving the sound of that thing winding through the gears. That thing would be pulling some serious RPMs and sounded wicked.
    Then one day is was gone from the garage never to be seen again...

May not be the same one, but the year is right, the color is right, it's an old drag car but not lettered up, always had plain ralleye wheels on it, and it was 4-speed car.

The garage where this car was kept was on N. Fordey Rd in Hemlock, MI. Hemlock is a small town just west of Saginaw. The house hasn't changed much over the years, so there is a good chance that the same people still live there.

As far as tracks in the area, The car I remember would likely have run at Tri-City Dragway (Saginaw - closed in the '70's), Central Michigan Dragway (Stanton - still in operation as Mid-Michigan Motorplex), or maybe Ubly.

Good luck on your search.

3. Thanks Daddy O's........Anyone else??