Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. My neighbour has one parked up rusting away.
    Shame really as they are kinda cool.

[​IMG]

2. sled

sled

Hershambob,really cool link,thank you...i never imagined that was a full collectible world behind those cute things...lovely!

3. sled

sled

LIFESTYLZ mate,yeah...kinda shame that is rusting out there...looks like they were pretty popular vehicles for commercial purposes in many countrys then...

4. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Ok fellas,This is yesterday's find.... a phaeton 32!!
    As far i know is the only one i've seen so far after all my incursions all over Mexico.Third time here and finally i could get access to the property giving a small bribe to an almost blind old lady wich is living in a sort of shag in the same property...poor people.
    She kindly let me and my pal in and we took some finally some shots...was heavily raining and again grass is all over the place.Chassis appears really solid,and all the original heavy duty axle is all there...
    Problem is to get in touch with the owners cause they are living in the US...many people from this area of Mexico lives in the States for long time and they just come back very once in a while to se the rest of the families...but after patiently asking in town we could almost arrive at the right place to ask...but nobody home.So we plan to go back once again soon...
    Everybody says in that town that cars (there are more sitting there) are not for sale but it happened before that when i asked myself i could get em,so i never rely on what generally people says..rule is : try it yourself and you'll know the truth...
    Will see how it goes here....

A tech question: I never seen some extra gauges like the rectangular one in a 32 dash...its installed as an aftertought or could be original as is??
    Gauges looked pretty old and with the same patina as the rest of the dash...probably from the many years outside,i suppose.

Attached Files:

5. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

so what is the average cost for some of these project cars and shells? In USD. I would love to go find a few more projects. would there be any issue with getting it over the border?

6. sled

sled

Vividly,hard to answer here cause there is no average ...every deal or car or owner is a different world,as you imagine...changes every time.
    I would like to buy this last posted 32 phaeton for example but i havent met the owner yet and rumour is that most family lives in the US...so no idea yet.For what i know they could ask 1 to 10K for such thing,who knows??People here is funny...

I answered several times getting the stuff back to the US..NO issues at all,and no fees for you american guys to pay...NONE!
    You're the only ones wich do NOT pay import fees,everybody else does...so you're VERY lucky anyway...if you have an idea what we pay on import you'll falling over.

Well,a sample...i just imported from Kansas a 41 COE ...truck costed 1500 bucks..plus 1040 usd shipping til Laredo TX.
    Then broker agent cost for the import to Mexico plus fees another 690 bucks...plus the shipping from Laredo TX to DF (Mexico City) another 1000 bucks...i ended up payin 3 times more the value of the truck for the whole process...

If you want projects i got tons of em right here,but i have to work case by case ,car by car unless its a whole lot of stuff togheter...i probably havent answered you at all but i cant really answer here talking generally ...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  7. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

wow. thats really interesting. SO many amazing cars out there just rotting away. SO many gems that need a rescue. Thanks for posting all those amazing photos and thanks for taking the time to take them then also share them on here.

8. sled

sled

Vividly,glad you liked the junk from down here...im doing my very best to save as much as i can but im alone in a mission...i know that many of us worldwide are lookin for good tin to be saved but frankly in 2010 there are not many countries left where i can play like im doing here...the States,Argentina,Uruguay,Colombia,Mexico and ???Southafrica perhaps??
    I mean,i know that this job (or perfect job,some might say) takes almost all my time and efforts but i really love the old tin...so,its just happened that went this way and i'll keep going on it...note that is only a SMALL amount of what could be around...of course i try to avoid posting moredoor cars wich are not interesting for me...
    All these cars have been imported from the US anyway...easy to get em back.
    I dont wanna start the rant of many valuable cars crushed forever...even nowadays.
    But its a fact that not even with a million dollars cash i can rescue it all...as said im alone in a mission and im happy when i can sell most of it that goes again in good hands...at list i'm trying...PM me if you're lookin for something special..

9. zephyrV12

zephyrV12
    BANNED
    from pomona ca

is not mexican junk, es tesoro mexicano

10. sled

sled

Yeahh,you're right carnal....and this tesoro needs to be saved!!!

11. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

my buddy just beat you to a find in sonora mexico. Its a 1937 ford coupe, in need of a lot of attension, but complete. Now he has to tow it to east los angeles.

12. sled

sled

Hopped up,oh well...man,do you have an idea how big is Mexico??I never been scouting up there in Sonora fow much i want to...really far away from me.
    Well done,at list it will go in good hands...

13. Who says anything was stolen?
    Did I miss that bit?

14. sled

sled

Scam...guy showed up and disappered instantly...just BS, mate!

Im bustin my ass here to get few containers and car deals in place for customers worldwide as we speak....

15. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

sled.... you rock. Just keep it safe. I know there is alot of turmoil in Mexico right now.

16. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Sorry I couldnt help it,
    Got my Woodie fix,,
    Thanks SLed, even if its 3 years late,,
    Just found this thread, WoW! Drool Drool..

17. sled

sled

Thanks buddy,i'll try not to be involved in crossfires then...altought is already happened...nah,just kidding!!!:D

18. sled

sled

Novadude,welcome anytime...actually you made me thinkin to post another woodie i fully restored and recently sold in the US.I love woodies...pics coming soon.Stay tuned...

19. chickenshift

chickenshift

This thread is nuts!!! I cant believe im just now finding it.

20. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

i love that phaeton. i would do antyhing to own that car

21. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh,,
    Thanks Sled, DROOOL,,:cool:

22. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

My GoD Man,, thats about a 2 ton Gold nugget right there, sheeesh, how about any YENKO's???

23. sled

sled

Acey,i was cleaning up around the 32 front in the ground trying to see more on the chassis and its clean as hell..hidraulic brakes,dums ,heavy 32 axle untouched,is all there...the stuff missing from the front is because there is only an old lady livin in a shag in the property but some fuckers took off already the hood,frill,radiator and more stuff of it during the years...with no security in an open space like this shit happens easily...too bad.
    However i'm trying to rescue it...the only thing is IF they wanna sell it..working on it.

24. sled

sled

Nova,you'll get more of em...be patient and they will show up soon

25. sled

sled

Yeah,i know what's a Dana...according to my long time reasearch there are only 5/7 67 Dana Camaros made..there is no official record but no more than 7 in 67 made...perhaps 6,but i cant confirm.

Nope,everybody mention Yenkos down here but personally i never seen one...but Magoozi has a cool story of a mexican Yenko loaded back to the States in a papaya truck,that was long ago i think...

Can you entertain us,Magoozi??

Will be cool to hear this one...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  26. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I know I just caught this thread, but man oh man, some bitchen shit here SLED, you are living the life many of us would love too,, thanks for sharing and giving us a port hole into your world.. TOTALLY AMAZING

27. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

41-46 chevy truck,,, nice rear fenders,, dang

28. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Nice 66 Chevy II,, I have owned almost every year Nova ever made, except 66-67. The 66 Nova was the platform used to design the 67 Camaro,, Now there's some trivia for ya Sled,, :p

29. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I am in heaven,, love the WooD-IES :D:D

30. sled

sled

Nova,looks like you have'nt done much today,eh??
    Just kiddin,glad you like the junk from below you...still much more to be discovered..i feel lucky in any case!
    Glad you guys are havin fun...