Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. Magnus B

Magnus B

More

Attached Files:

2. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Ok fellas,the last batch of the Baja CA tour....will be back soon over there to cover another area,nothern side..heard of a number of muscle cars,basically 70's cars that adventourous Us guys left down there many moons ago... Also i'm keen on buying this nicely preserved 62 Globetrotter Airstream ,im dealing currently to get it ...love those vintage trailers,the smaller the better...this will be very useful in mexican roads,1 axle,very light to tow with an old car,it will be fun.....sled

Attached Files:

3. Local104

Local104
    from norte ca

i didnt see any with chain stearing wheels since from mexic:) lol

4. sled

sled

1953 bel air...me either!!!

5. sled

sled

Plan to go back there in Baja Ca peninsula soon to cover some other areas...love those empty dry spaces...great nature and lot to discover...

6. This is ridiculous! Mexico is sitting on a gold mine in old cars. Why don't they round 'em up and bring them to the U.S.? Seriously, what does it take to purchase some of these and legally import them here? Why are they trying to smuggle birds, drugs, and people for when they, or us, could bring this old iron back?

7. sled

sled

studearch ,you make me laughin here....why do you think i live south of the border???Im sure many know me already for what im trying to do down here but in case if not clear..
    im sweating hard to save as much iron i can from the local scrappers,and believe me...every day that is a lot of stuff gone forever thanks to the chinese and the poor economy...im just trying according to my poor possibilities to save all the best i can...i know 1 day it will be too late,but that's life..at list i can say i lived MY dream for as much i could...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  8. sled

sled

Studearch...i forgot...the import back to US of the cars sittin here is perfectly legal,and NO import fees for you US/CA guys to pay...only the shipping..enuff said!!

9. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Sled you and Magnus B should get a Nobel peace prize for your effords. You two are really trying to save and recycle the earth one sweet piece at a time.
    I mean this seriously, good job plus you make money doing what you enjoy.
    How cool is that?

10. sled

sled

KooDaddy, thanks for kind words but im an antihero myself,no prizes here..hate posers and fake wannabes!...im doing this just for the love of the old tin and obviously i think there is no free drug as the hunting thrill..i know many of us here have the same incurable sickness!!:D
    Many props to my great pal in action Magnus B from Sweden,he's my official trusted picture resizer..i hate to do it myself,takes way too much time from me and im always on the run all over Mexico day and night to scarf around,literally...frustrating,sweating many of the times but when somethin special comes up it pays back BIG time of all the efforts..mind you ,i do spent quite a bit of dough too to move all over and finance my lifestyle but im fully happy with it...no regrets,not 1 sec of it!!!
    Ok,back in action now....

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  11. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

You guys are still our heros but- shooo don't tell anybody. Keep it up bro

12. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Something that you dont see every day ...just found this in DF (Mexico City)..a Chevy 37 sedan delivery,very restorable conds..very few of them around,i think i've seen only 2 in my scarfin years...lovely bodystyle,sure looks better slammed on the ground...lately i've been lucky ,great stuff is popping up...got more surprises on the way for you fellas....sled

Attached Files:

13. Magnus B

Magnus B

More from SLed:
    Fellas,needs some help here...i just found this intake today and i have honestly no idea what V8 fits...would like to know before prooceding on buyin it...i got many vintage engines laying around but since im running far away of home i tought its faster to ask you fellas...i know you'll reckon pretty quick....im curious actually...ok,thanks in advance for any help...more good shit coming too...have fun,sled

Attached Files:

14. 562roadster

562roadster

small block chevy

15. sled

sled

Any help appreciated to figger out this intake above..it might be for a small block Chevy but not sure and im running around here so easier to ask..thanks in advance,fellas!... Sled

16. sled

sled

29Ford,you're quicker than me....well,you confirmed my toughts....thanks a bunch!!!

17. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Been kinda lucky recently....followed some leads on some convertibles and here what i found..a 54 Caddy series 62 vert.Needs full resto but it came into this garage running...Classy cars but heaps of bucks to restore em,i know it by experience.. There were couple more open cars that i'll show ya shortly..this was the less i liked so far..but still a great car when done.The standard of the world,not anymore i'm afraid...sled

Attached Files:

18. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Now we're talking...sure i liked this one,more rounded and classy than the 54...A 47 series 62 Caddy...well,there were no Eldorados yet,but these beautys could reppresent in full swing Caddy's elegance,no doubt. Powered by a reliable 346 flattie this one has been fully rebuilt..the guy said one day im gonna restore it but i doubt it very much..he has quite a number of cars like this but never restored one ,not easy my man....This has great potential,and being very solid it deserved to be redone...sled

Attached Files:

19. Magnus B

Magnus B

One more convertible brought to you from by Sled:
    Well,this was unexpected..a good running dusty 57 Bel Air vert was'nt in my plans but a great surprise.Already lowered,with a hopped up 327 /4 speed and AR rims was a good lookin car ..at the point that i alredy bought it and is advertised in the Hamb classifieds in case of interest...talkin with guy i did realize that i knew the previous owner too...this was in even way better conds long ago but in case i plan to upgrade it a bit if not sells quick...to have some fun with it!They are still out there ,just go for them...sled

Attached Files:

20. sled

sled

Magnus B,thanks as usual for postin up my crap...they are still out there fellas.....just moving out tonight again in the DF area to scarf some more junk....cant get enuff !!!! sled

21. tommythecat79

tommythecat79

I want the hearse that thing is badass.

22. sled

sled

Everybody likes the 42 hearse,very unique...trying actually to put my hands in a similar one ,but i dont have any pics yet...i do love gothic hearses,especially 40's...so im always trying to rescue em...and as we speak im workin in a couple more,...if all goes fine pics will be posted soon...sled

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  23. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Waitin for more hearses (wich i already found but these come later,be patient) i had the chance time ago to visit some friends in Colima and finally accomplish an old desire o mine... There is a famous family livin there called Saragoza wich they had at 1 point more than 300 cars,from the 20s to the 50s,probably 1one of the biggest cars collection ever in Mexico.
    All these cars were mostly donated and gave emn for peanuts to Don Paco during the years...he amassed an enoumous amount of stuff and parts,and let me tell ya..the guy was not so keen on selling but nothin lasts forever!
    There were Cords,Auburns and such classy cars,and couple years ago just talkin randomly with a wealthy texan funeral director i discovered by chance that he bought some serious stuff from Colima...at that time i did only know some stories from Don Paco Saragoza but nowadays im a good friend with Chui,one of his sons wich recently gave me a sad tour of what's left over there..not much really,mostly memories of better times long gone....
    Anyway,for your pleasure some recent pics and infos ...sled

Attached Files:

24. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Chui is almost not going anymore in this garage ,many sad memories for him,as previously told...well,i knew he had a sporty car there but with my surprize this 62 Vette is sittin there,project stalled ...he admitted that he's not even interested in finish it... And this huge heavy safe is there for at list 30 years acting as a guardian ....cute shape,isnt'it??

Attached Files:

rjones35 likes this.
  25. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Well,not much comments needed here exept that there is some good stuff that needs to be saved to me...it will take some time to go thru this stash...all abandoned for now.Chui wants to probably have someone that buys em all at one but stuff is all mixed up and hard to give a value here...i'll probably get back when i have some to try to rescue some stuff i need..also in the ground where apparently there is grass thee is (or was) at list 1 meter of parts in the ground....sad,really!

Attached Files:

26. Magnus B

Magnus B

More from Sled.

Attached Files:

27. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sld:
    Then off we went from the old spare parts shop close by there was another garage where another surprize was hidden...a 1 owner Chrysler Airflow in original untouched condition...my older friends are tellin me that they know this car from the 40s and it was brand new then..still there but of course has the nice patina that we love so much nowadays...cool art deco car.The dash impressed me,very cool design....those were times were quality was meaning something....sled

Attached Files:

28. MarkS1975

MarkS1975

Damb those are some sic cars , what part of Ol Mejico ?

29. MODELA30

MODELA30

Ese chebby esta pero chingon. Me gustaria tenerlo pero esta muy lejos de donde vivo !!!! Estados unidos cabrones !!!!!!! Knuck from indiana.