Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Nice steel to bad its not close to me.

2. sled

sled

dieselc,no worries..i can still send it to you...

3. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Finally some updates,been busy with the Merc lately but here we
    go...A 60 Buick coupe,quite complete and running and one of my
    favorite sedanette lines,a 48 Caddy also in solid shape...could'nt
    speak with the owners yet,no idea if they will be for sale yet
    The Buick has old plates,so it can't be moved ...in other words is not
    registered on the road.Well same for the Caddy...is typical here they
    store the car for long time during restorations or so..saving on the
    reg. plates and tags.

Attached Files:

4. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Well,not exactly junk here...a friend o mine recently finishedhis 50's style diner, ya know, to hang out and have some fun.So ,thiswas the grand opening with a nice dinner and all....kinda nice stuffthere,mostly convertibles,all restored.Loved a 56 Premiere and a veryrare Caddy 41 Convertibe sedan...rare stuff!Well, another 41 convCaddy was'nt that bad either....

Attached Files:

5. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

Wow, now I can really picture the cars in my Dad's stories of when he lived down in Zacatecas, Mexico. Used to tell me about the field outside his hometown that was packed with abandoned cars. Used to tell me how folks would haul them to the field and just leave them, sometimes they drove them in!

I used to have a pic of him and his uncled next to his Model A woodie and used to tell me how his uncle would go to the lumber store and buy scraps to patch up his car!

I need to get down there soon since I still have relatives there who own pretty good chunks of property there.

Thanks Sled and Magnus!

6. sled

sled

Daddyfink,welcome...nice to ear your dad's stories too,love such stuff..and yes,Zacatecas is abeautiful relaxed colonial town,they used to be nice cars there for sure...all the area in Guanajuato,Zacatecas and San Miguel de allende are fantastic places to live,many americans and euopeans live in San Miguel...wil post more pics on my friend's cars soon,stay tuned.
    Ah,you should really go down there,you'll love it!

7. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    some more shots on my friend's diner room...well,he owns lots
    more cars,mostly pre 30's stuff...friday now,time to have some fun in
    this place now fellas....catcha soon!

Attached Files:

8. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Been visiting a friend o mine recently and i took the chance to
    take some decent shots of his cars...these are currently for sale, in
    case PM me.
    He has a lot of stuff and all restored....rarely used,and never
    driven in the rain.
    Always toys,never too many....in this case 59 Chevy pick up,a 52
    Suburban and a 58 Ranchero.

Attached Files:

9. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Here some more cars from my pal's collection....a 65 T-bird with
    space age interior (love the wraparaund seats) and a very rare
    restored 52 Buick Roadmaster woodie also for sale....just PM me as
    usual in case.This is very interesting for a woodie collector..anybody
    knows how many were made of these 52 Roadmasters?I've heard around 300
    something but not really sure!
    More on the go....

Attached Files:

10. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Still more cars around...a Pontiac 59 Catalina convertible,sorryfor the poor light...car was huge and no space around,also forsale....and recently been to visit a tequila factoryin Jaliscoprovince,amazing place to know how they do the full process and theold mills in the very old hacienda...they had this old Dodge truckinside still in regular use!Driving around seen this 59 Biscayne that somebody is gonna restoreone day....seen a good number of em around,but not many Impalas.

Attached Files:

11. thinkfink

thinkfink

this thread NEVER stopps to amaze me...thanks a LOT for sharing sled and magnus.

12. sled

sled

Thinkfink,thanks...have great fun myself findin all these stuff..actually i have already to add...i probably did not realize taht is a sort of dream come true,cause lookin back i'm amazed myself on what came up...
    You bet i keep going...so,stay tuned!!
    Ah,unfortunately i could'nt find yet your beloved Stude 37/38 Dictator coupe...sorry!!Sled

13. thinkfink

thinkfink

No worries about the Stude...Still busy to get my 41 Plymouth custom coupe on the road...
    ...so it is much better for me you find that totally mint and complete 1938 5W coupe with the Raymond Loewy podlights in late 2009. ;)

(BTW learned now that it's called the "State Commander" not the Dictator, they changed the name due to the politics in Europe) - so sorry for the wrong brief the last time).

Keep living your dream and all the best from Amsterdam!

14. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Here something unusual..well unique ,i will say..Miguel Aleman former president of Mexico commisioned to famed Bohman and Shwartz coachbuilder company this 46/47 Caddy 6 doors woodie...he made 2 of em,slitghly different versions of em.
    Have somewhere in the Caddy books a pic of of President in a parade with this car....this was a famous one,and also is not the only one off car that has been built for him..he had a great love for unique cars...and the greens!!
    Now in desperate need of attention and sittin in the ye old Mexico...also the 2nd one was custom built for Gene Autry,perhaps still in US....have to do some research infos in case.
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: inherit" vAlign=top>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Attached Files:

15. Magnus B

Magnus B

More Caddy.

Attached Files:

16. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Been time ago to check some 30's stuff and cars and in a private collection it was sittin this 34 roadster,in great shape...funny enuff,the day i went also another local guy i know came at the same time to look at the car...and the same day a deal was made from the owner with the other fella, i realized some days later..in any case was out of my price range and i tought was too expensive,so i let it go...btw,was a cool one,but you can't buy them all...at list is in good hands here in Mexico.Hasta pronto....Sled

Attached Files:

17. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

18. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    been around in town and surprisingly i met an old friend which also loves junk ...makin up the inventory he got comes up his brother owned Merc 51 coupe project..enuff said.Later on same night did a tour and this is the thing...well,place is dusty as hell but the car looks quite solid to me...also many parts stored inside like hood,raer bumper and complete new interior among other misc stuff...it has a 302 /C4 combo....let's see if we can swap somethin up or down here to get the deal done...well,X-mas is close,need another Merc i think...never enuff!!!

Attached Files:

19. sled

sled

MagnusB, thanks for the updatings as usual..have much more stuff to add but im on mission findin more junk now..as soon i have some time left i'll add em here ....happy holydays,Sled

20. sled

sled

Wingnutz...oppsss,sorry to waste your time,ah,ah,ah...have a nice one,sled

21. here is not a wasted moment on this thread. I Live 2 hours from the texas mexican border and Go as often as I can. I just had back surgery, but we are planning a short trip to get away sometime in february or early march for our anniversary. Even in the border towns there are a lot of cool old tin, still people are very secretive if you start asking for it, they are not going to just say oh yeah go here or there and they will have what you want. Sled know's this all too well too, and I love to sit here and read his stories, finds and the people he meets. How far from Burgos are you sled?

Will

22. sled

sled

Hello Will,thanks for the kind words...well,there is a lot to say in the art of getting stuff and how,especially..man,is complicated and here the locals make things VERY complicated too...especially inMexico city area,tuff and quick place to act and move....always some crazy stories and it takes usually tons of patience to even see that special car or bike..for any reason that you can imagine...too much to say here,it's endless!

So i try to work on many cars and deals at the same time all the time,so is most fail this particular time some others go thru and there is some forward move at list,ya know??

well,sometimes a guy just opens the garage door and bang,something cool in and totally unexpected luckily!!

But patience pays back big time,especially havin a good network...

There are lots of tricks to get the stuff,and also good spanish...cause for the locals all foreigners are gringos,,they can't make any difference..and automatically prices raise up ....typical!!

Will,i can't recognize Burgos...Where is it???

more stuff on the go,take care Sled

23. sled

sled

Will,i usually move in the wide center of the country....very once in awhile i go up to the border..too busy inside the country,especially some areas...still filled up with old junkyards also...
    good luck on your recover from the back surgery....sled

24. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    As usual had some leads and this time of a poorly half restored Chevy 51 convertible...still very savable and running...it's also for sale but i'm not gonna buy it myself..too many projects and not my lines!
    A good one for the Raza up there....happy holydays!! Sled

Attached Files:

25. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Well,looks like that i'm lucky recently..lot of trash comin up all the time,not exactly what im expectin but interesting anyway....
    A Square Bird here,waitin is resurecction....cool spage age design...looks quite restorable,but are not worth it much nowadays....

Attached Files:

26. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Countryside...walkin around on a friend's place and suddenly something under a tree....A Stude coupe in need of attention ..i could'nt take better pics,but all glasses are intact luckily...great lookin cars to me,funny stuff.
    Have a great respect for Raymond Loewy,impressive designer with lots of influence in the modern world....this needs to be rescued,will let some local Stude fans know about this one..

Attached Files:

27. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Here's a beat up but quite rare Merc 53 wagon...not many around anymore.This thing is running and well,needs lots of love ...
    I found couple of em around here still sittin in Mexico City....it was probably a popular car i assume.

Attached Files:

28. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    a 56 Chevy hardtop is not everyday's find but here we go...original V8 and powerglide,still savable...running too!
    They are still around and i think the owner is sellin this,did not ask but they were very simple people indeed...cool cars anyway.

Attached Files:

29. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    A popular car around Mexico,especially in big cities..great base for a kustom,love these shoeboxes ..well,have 1 myself but haven't touched yet.This one looks very solid all around...has the real patina,fellas...and some bondo for sure....

Attached Files:

30. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Well,it's a while that i haven't put somethin decent and here we go....an old restored 35 3w coupe,owned by a friend o mine.He found it more than 25 years ago and painted long ago,guess aprox 15 years go and put it storage..started but almost no use on this one.Later flattie engine runs smoothly anyway....cool car with aged paint.
    This is currently for sale in case somebody's interested... just PM me in case,Sled

Attached Files:

rjones35 likes this.