Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. sled

sled

MagnusB,i know that 's unfair....but i cannot have it myself either...unfortunately none of this stuff is for sale....
    i can only show it....but,man...many here would love to get the hands on Ardun stuff...
    Again,need help to identify the Edmunds intake manifod!!!Anyone????

2. Milner32

Milner32
    from Finland

Sled, I have sended You an e-mail..

My e-mail is peter.bjorklund(a)multi.fi

We can have further discussion by E-mail.

Peter

3. George

George

Yep! looks like a 2X2 for the 51-3 & maybe the '54 331 Chr Hemi!

4. sled

sled

George,thanks for the infos....perhaps someone can post a pic of the manifold to be sure of the application??
    thanks again ,hambers

5. Milner32

Milner32
    from Finland

Sled.. I have now sended you some e-mails...
    Please answer them....

Peter

6. Crestliner

Crestliner

Don't think the Edmunds is a Caddy. I've have a couple of them, havn't owned a hemi.

7. George

George

The 51-4 2 bl hemis have smaller intake ports than the 54 4 bl has, but it is for one or the other. My guess would be for the 2 bls heads, where there wouldn't be much point replacing a 4 bl carb with 2 2 bls!

8. sled

sled

Milner32,get your mails and already answered em all...keep in touch anytime...sled

9. sled

sled

George,so definately the Edmunds intake if for an early Hemi...the first i've seen then...thanks again
    too bad none of that stuff is for sale....

10. George

George

they show up on EBay now & then. Pricey but not as high as a Cragar 4X2. Takes 2 of the 51-3 OEM 2 bl carbs.

11. Flyinlow

Flyinlow

So how do I find out about purchasing one of these?

12. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

This thread gives me a raging erection of mass proportions.

13. George

George

Flyinlow do an intro!:)

14. 68wagon

68wagon

top thread sled love your work.
    thanks for sharing the pics

15. sled

sled

Plan soon to take a break and try to get lost to check out some more junk...had some more leads,so hopefuly something new comes around...
    Stay tuned....sled

16. Magnus B

Magnus B

Finally some more junk for this thread.

Sleds message:
    Finally havin a break on the Merc 50 project i could get lost again and doing what i like the most....findin junk around Mexico.
    Drivin around i almost lost this 36 coupe,not really noticeable from the road...just sittin there,nobody will fix it soon,as far they told me....and not for sale either.
    In the same place also a 55 Chevy that somebody is really tryin to destroy,in my opinion...
    oh well,you can't save them all.....
    stay tuned,more to come

Attached Files:

17. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    here different stuff layin around...a bit of everything.i could'nt gettin closer to the nice 57 Chevy,gotta come back and ask.
    Also a mexican A convertible rodded,uhm!!!they sure have theier own style here
    and in the garbage perhaps you could see an A truck in there...what a shame!!!

Attached Files:

18. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Well,luckily they preserve nice iron too...was surprised to see this beautiful steam train still workin,really...they start it up twice a month for turist purposes,very cool to see...
    unfortunately the railroad system was sold long ago,and no civil trains are currently operated exept 2 of em,turistical stuff in the mountains...
    an unusual Henry J completed the day also....too far gone indeed.

Attached Files:

19. Magnus B

Magnus B

A nice comfy sofa for your house maybe? I could really need one of those.

Sled:
    Finally after some hard research work it paid off...a 32 Ford roadster,a rare find nowadays.Not a barn find,but the most important to me was to locate it...to see in what conds was,and is not bad at all.
    So,the new owner's plan is to leave the car to his son,which is currently 9 years old!!!
    Ok,i know the story already....will take my time here to try to swap or buy this thing,will see how it goes...don't ask me if i will sell this thing yet,is NOT mine...ok???

Attached Files:

rjones35 likes this.
  20. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Ok,here a rare bird....Caddy 39 series 75 6 wheels coupe....8 cyl engine,fully running and in very nice preserved conds!Still with original interior....
    Only 23 produced with the full rear seat...rare shit!!!How many around??
    This can be eventually for sale,the owner told me....
    You never know what you find around here,more stuff to come....

Attached Files:

rjones35 likes this.
  21. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    the last one for today...this is HAMB friendly,right???
    a RARE 33 Vicky Ford in complete and running conds..engine has been replaced as you see!
    In the same family since more than 50 years!They use it frequently,the old lady told me..but is sittin outside now and needs love..they can't afford to fix it for sure but still theu think they have gold,so i'm trtyin to rescue this one as far i can...
    Probably swappin it against a modern car or 2,somethin like that...will see!
    the only jalopy around still with mechanical brakes on....very restorable indeed!
    yeah,this can be for sale guys....

Attached Files:

22. c1run1

c1run1
    from TRNJ

I used to date a really cute Mexican american chick , she told me about alot of cars in yards and in inpund yards . She said most are nearly impossible to get out . And none have titles unless they are on privet property .
    Then you have to get the car out .. and over the border

23. sled

sled

c1run1,rule here is to do an intro,you're a newbie!!please,follow...
    I'm afraid your cool chick was badly informed about exporting from Mexico..is all BS!
    i do send cars worldwide from here since long time,no problem at all....
    the only ones who are scared to come by are the US guys,rest of the world is havin fun around here and they visit me all the time...
    Of course i'm not generalizing,but i feel the vibe from above and well..
    who cares???
    The cars have normal titles like you have,this is real crap to hear....
    i do personally brang many cars over the border too....and no problems at all.
    Well,sometimes i'm tired to hear all this crap that comes from above,really....c'mon,we have very much fun....
    more junk to come soon anyway...

rjones35 likes this.
  24. King_Hooligan

King_Hooligan
    BANNED
    from So. Cal.

Sled,you never cease to amaze me..

25. hershambob

hershambob

whats going on with the rear end on this roadster,,graffted from another car perhaps????
    [​IMG]

26. sled

sled

Hershambob,i tought the same as you when i saw it...looks strange to me too.
    Another strange thing is the vertical crease line on the 3/4 panel...just after the door...i don't recall it belongs there.
    Oh well,is still is a steel car....that needs some work to be fixed for sure!Thing is here most people have no idae HOW to fix correctly the cars,and things like this happen sometimes...they trust a car buider which promises miracles and you get peanuts,as usual....

27. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Now,i seriuosly falled in love with this thing...black and so original...i almost shit myself when i saw it!!
    I did'nt know that this guy had such a car...i forgot to take pics on the engine room but it was as original as when left the factory,amazing...
    So,i try to sell something to get this one!!!
    This guy bought many cars in a package lot so i gues we can work out an affordable deal...
    this roofline is hard to be improved,really....

Attached Files:

28. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    also in the same collection a very nice 41 Ford convertible,not many around...i guess he said all original too!
    and an Olds 53 coupe,series 98 the longest body....rare and fully running.
    Was definately a great day here...he has many more cars hidden in barns and ranches,one of these days we take another tour...

Attached Files:

29. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    some more junk around...a Packard 40 convertible,series 110 the shortest one.This one is running,all original..nothing special,a full project but not an everyday find anyway...
    For the purists indeed,i would'nt touch a thing like this myself....

Attached Files:

30. sled

sled

Magnus B,thanks buddy...been around today and found some more shit,pix will be added soon...feel very lucky recently ,all stuff comes to meeeee,yeah