Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. loggy

loggy

that be the film from 1951,in spanish?

Cool,thanks for the information..:).....I kinda dwarf UK bikes (tall guy),so would like a harley or something.....yeah have looked online so had an idea,just wondered if i'd maybe get a better deal looking in mexico rather than the US,bearing in mind the added cost of importing to here......or if i'd just be better off looking just in europe!

2. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I bet I've seen that movie 100 times. If it's on, my wife will watch it. The best part is the old lady in the Crosley Hotshot, what other movie has one?

Sled, in your Panamerica photos theres a red Fiat convertible. It looks like an 1100 TV but the grille's all wrong. What's the story with that, is it an OSCA variant or something?

3. I Just want the white Vette in some of the early photos!!!

4. sled

sled

Loggy,yeah...the movie is from 51,i have in DVD and have english option too...easy to find it here...is everywhere.i believe you can find over there too...worth it !!it refects a real mexican characther and lifestyle,plus lots of early HD's and cars...

forget Europe to buy taht stuff..cause all EU guys are buying in this side of the world since long ago...makes no sense to pay more ,cause shipping and import duties are already added to final price...better find something this side for sure...tellin that by long time experience in this stuff...i have a Knuck 47 and a Pan 49 myself...

5. lrseclipse

lrseclipse
    from Dallas, TX

that hearse is so effin COOL!!!!! nice finds!!!

6. sled

sled

Fiat128,the Fiat pictured is a fiat SAVIO ,2800cc ...only 3 made worldwide and the only 1 in existence...is in DF,owned by a friend o mine...don't ever remember the year but when i met my friend again will ask all infos for ya...kinda interesting car indeed
    actually i was surprised to see it raced,cause if they crash the thing is gone ....

7. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

That explains why I didn't recognize it then (pretty hard to show me a Fiat I can't name). I'll like to see more of it if you can get photos.

I think the Carrera Panamerica comes through Juarez. One of these years I'm gonna have to find out when and where and go see it. I have an insurance agent that has a freind that races in it so he should know.

8. sled

sled

Fiat128,i already sent to MagnusB some more pix of the Fiat Savio just for you...so,they will be posted soon...as soon i have the chance to talk with the car owner will know the story,that will be really interesting to know
    just the fact to race the only 1 left car in the world means something,uh??
    there is plenty of infos here in Hamb about the Panamericana...

i really suggest lookin at the Gfalues (here) thread about and log into his website....Terrific at list!!

it gives you a great idea of what it is...he just raced this year and finished quite well too...check it out!!!

9. mykwillis

mykwillis

actually 305 cubic inches but whos counting right? :D

10. Magnus B

Magnus B

I'm a little late this time. I'm back from Canada and on Swedish time now. Anyway, here's Sleds message:

Fiat128,don't have more infos but here some more shots i did of the Savio Fiat ,engine is 2800cc ...as soon i know more about this car will let ya know....
    my friends did finish the race without major problems indeed

Attached Files:

11. Looks just like a Borgward Isabella!

12. sled

sled

actually is even smaller,a very tiny thing....

13. Magnus B

Magnus B

More stuff from the holy land.

Sleds text: found this today while driving around,a Buick 48 roadmaster sedanette..the old man died,an car is just sitting but fully running...lovely bodystyle indeed.a good winter project,will say....still fully savable.

Attached Files:

14. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I count 9 plug wires, is it a V8? It must be a special bodied 8V or something.

Very cool car there.

15. sled

sled

Fiat128,wait until i met the owner of the Fiat...he supposed to come and visit me soon,so i will ask plenty of info for ya all...
    i'm curious to know more myself,cause is the only 1 left worldwide...
    it will have cool history for sure...
    sometimes i'm amazed HOW some interesting cars end up here in strange places and the interesting thrill is to hear the funny/unreal story around it...PURA VIDA!!!!

16. George

George

depends...GM 5.0 is a 305, ford 5.0 is a 302. 4.9something rounded up to 5.0 sounds more impressive. In Australia the Ford 302 is called a 4.9.

17. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

I was hoping you hadn't seen this yet. When do you leave for Mexico? :)

18. purple

purple

Straight eight man, inline, nice and lllooonnngggg.

19. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I mean the Fiat, not the Buick:)

20. Is it a 4 with 2 plugs per cylinder?

21. sled

sled

i really did'nt pay attention wich kinda engine the Fiat has...will have full infos when the owner comes to visit me and also will know the full history of the car...be patient

22. purple

purple

OK, well it looks like a V8 when checking all the pics. Kinda nailhead lookin. Can't wait for Sled's update.

23. Magnus B

Magnus B

i know,i know..off topic but i don't find such Chargers 69 every day...guess there are some Mopar lovers around here anyway...
    looks like it comes with a big block /auto tranny also...
    sittin since some years and i tell ya,not a nice place to be...kinda dangerous!!!
    but you never know what comes up....this time the info was just right!!!

Attached Files:

24. sled

sled

more cars found,stay tuned....

25. Gfaules

Gfaules
    from California

Thank you for the kind words. It really was the adventure of a lifetime and one we won't soon forget. You should have come over and said hello. We met lots of great people who came from all over the world to compete and just to watch the race. I can't wait to go back and win the damn thing. http://lacarrera2007.blogspot.com/

26. sled

sled

hey Gary,i found your website just after the Panamericana here in Hamb,too bad that i haven't meet ya in Mexico...
    but no worries,you'll be here again and try your good luck ...
    i'm lookin forward to meet ya...
    yeah,you know what really is to LIVE the real mexican vibe...i'm happy you can spread out your experience,and actually your website shows it really deeply...

again,congrats to you and the team...

beers are ready,i'll offer.....

27. EdselRich

EdselRich

crazy mexicans gotta love em

28. montclaire

montclaire

That's a base level charger, at least the grill emblem is anyway. R/Ts got the big blocks, could have been a 318 or a 383.

29. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

It's a FIAT 2300S coupe with a Savio Body. .
    Savio is the company who built the body asnd there were a lot more than 3 built.
    <table border="0" width="100&#37;"><tbody><tr><td class="subtitle" align="left">
    </td></tr> <tr><td align="left">
    </td></tr> <tr><td align="left"> <hr>
    Savio is a Turin based company mostly known for making bodies for Fiat cars, Savio was founded in 1919 by the two Savio brothers, Antonio and Giuseppe. Having learnt their trade working for Alessio, they started in Via Tiziano 38 by completing 600 bodies for Itala chassis for their previous employer.

<hr> </td></tr> </tbody></table> [​IMG]
    Looking at the engine it's a typical mid fifites FIAT. there was also a pretty good six ,the 2600.
    It's got an Abarth head,probably twin plug with a single twin throat Weber Down draft carb.
    This is a Savio design prospect from 1987.
    [​IMG]
    and a popular Savio product based o n the FIAT 600
    [​IMG]
    This is a Savio Fiat 128 coupe,a different car altogether.
    [​IMG]

30. sled

sled

Montclaire,yep...looks lik a base charger,but been told comes with a big block,most probably 383...still waitin for more infos from the guy...