Register now to get rid of these ads!

Merry XMas 4-6 cylinder Chevy Folk

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 300racr, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Here are a few posts from over on the Inliners board.Sorry couldn't figure out how to just do a linkto the thread.
    New 12 Port 6 cylinder and 8 Port 4 cylinder heads & what goes with them.

I don't know all the details but here is a picture of some of the new stuff coming your way soon from Scott Marshall. This is just a part. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scott (CNC-Dude) will be offering his new acquisitions after the first of the year. Like I said I don't know all the details but here's what I think I know. [​IMG]
    Scott has purchased some parts and the patterns to cast them from Joe Deppe. There is a 12 port L6 head and an 8 port L4 head. There are valve covers for each. There are patterns for L6 & L4 blocks and a couple of 4 cylinder blocks. There are two timing covers a one piece and a two piece set up for external drives. There are intakes for mechanical injection and 4bbl carb. This should make our lives more interesting. I'm sure Scott will answer questions and maybe he has some better pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Adding to the info:

1) The 4-cylinder block is designed for midget racing with a provision for an in-and-out box, not a traditional Chevy bell housing. Furthermore, there is no provision for an internal oil pump so an external pump (dry or wet sump) is required. In addition, I believe there is no provision for a distributor and a crank trigger is required.

Scott has a couple (?) of raw cast 4-cylinder blocks in hand. I'm not clear whether he has patterns for a 6-cylinder block or not. I know the (longer term) plan is to provide both 4- and 6-cylinder blocks with water jackets and provisions for a standard bell housing and starter. Don't know how/if Scott will deal with the distributor issue. (By the way, Joe Hunt can make up one of there "magneto look" HEI distributors for most inline 4s and 6s. They're not cheap but they work well and sure look nice!).

2) The 4- and 6-cylinder heads will be offered as either solid (race only) or water jacketed. In another thread, Scott indicated that he might offer an option of providing a bare, but fully machined head to allow the buyer to finish out the head with their own choice of components as dictated by the intended use.

Obviously, the new heads are not cross-flow but similar to the Sissell/Kirby head with the exception that Scott's heads have rectangular intake ports while the Sissell/Kirby head have round intake ports.

3) The photos show both 4- and 6-cylinder port injectors and, as already noted, one of the two front covers provides mounting for a typical Hilborn or Enderle mechanical fuel pump. I believe there is also the provision to drive a water pump off one of the front covers (though perhaps not both the water and fuel pump - not clear on that).

In exchanging email with Scott, I suggested that he might consider modifying these patterns to include EFI injector bosses for customers that want to go that direction. Of course, these new heads will bolt up to the OEM 250/292 blocks.

4) One of Scott's tasks (I'm assuming early on) will be to revise the tooling to replace the Deppe and Duggan branding with his own Marshall brand.

5) Finally, though not a part of this group of products, Scott and I have been working on a new intake system for the good old siamese port head. The plan is to develop an intake similar to the early Corvette "Blue Flame" setup that will use three side-draft Carter YH carbs. Should be "old school cool". We'll keep you posted on the progress of this project.

The above is somewhat preliminary and, if I've got anything wrong, I'm sure Scott or others will make the necessary corrections.

BigBlock6 likes this.
  2. jalopy45

jalopy45

He doesn't have patterns for the 6, just the 4 cylinder block, I think Scott is on this board too as CNC-Dude, some more pix., [​IMG] , [​IMG]i29. , [​IMG] ,

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  3. jalopy45

jalopy45

more pix , [​IMG] , [​IMG] , [​IMG]

4. wheels777

wheels777
    from York, PA

We are interested in the six cylinder stuff. Web site? Catalog?

5. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

thx for the info. i am i gm 4 and sick cylinder nut!

6. jalopy45

jalopy45