Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mercury Marauder Project Updates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mercuryjunky, Oct 29, 2009.

1. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Just wanted to give a update on my marauder projects.Was really wanting to get started on my police interceptor today but because I live in Colorado This is how my day started.Cant get much drag racing done this way.

Attached Files:

2. Damn!!!!! Good luck with that!!!

3. shorty54

shorty54
    from Arvada

You live right down the street from me, literally right downthe street. I recognize all of your projects..

4. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

What the hell is all over your car. It was 75 this morning a cold front came in dropped it to 63 gotta love Texas!!!

5. fordfan289

fordfan289
    from indiana

I cant wait for snow that means fire up the wood stove and get to work.

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

Why are you storing snow on top of all those cool rides... :D

7. sambo

sambo

O/T response, but I used to live in Arvada,(and Wheatridge,and Edgwater) when I was a kid, and from what I remember you could be out there in a sweatshirt playing all day and not get really cold! We used to dig tunnels and caves in the snow-it was great!! I'll shut up now, just very nostalgic (or traditional?)West 73rd place.

8. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

80 degrees in South Ga. Never seen that much snow in person. Sorry!

9. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

I have a friend in Tenn. and he always tells me he never has to shovel partly cloudy. 8 hours of shoveling with an additional 6 inches expected tonight.

10. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Drop by anytime,or write.Working on a 65 A/FX comet right now, should get the car out of the paint shop next week.

Attached Files:

11. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you can find the paint shop next week... Hopefully you don't get any more snow!

12. SOHC427

SOHC427

Ken, you didn't get shit, for snow! All three of my Model T's
    are buried past the hoods, my trailers are MIA, and there is a 6 foot drift in front of the shop, were the beer is!
    So I have to shovel, what choice do I have!

Eric

13. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

The sky if falling!!! The sky is falling!!!

14. gearhead1952

gearhead1952

Howdy neighbors, I am a couple blocks away too. :) Funny how more snow piled up on my round F1 in the driveway compared to my square ranger.

By the way has the code lady gotten on your ass? I've gotten 3 violations this year. Ugh

15. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Small world, its amazing how close car guys tend to be.That code lady is a stalker She always seems to be hanging around the house.Same thing two violations for me.Constantly moving the cars around.Drop by sometime.Thats if you get shoveled out. [email protected]

16. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Looks like you need a GARAGE.

17. gearhead1952

gearhead1952

Cool I will.

Actually he's got two of them. I'm jealous of the one in the back wish I had room in my backyard. I had to go with a shed instead.

18. shorty54

shorty54
    from Arvada

The code lady actually ventures into our yard constantly, then sends pics. We are zoned for agriculture but they still nails us hard constantly. They especially don't like when you have a doberman to protect your stuff. Comet looks great my wife and I will have to stop by. We live up on Simms where the black ford and plymoth are sitting in the back. When we can get out of the 2ft of snow we will cruise down and visit.

19. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

I need to stop buying all these mercurys and then I can afford a bigger garage.

Attached Files:

20. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

why I like living in Georgia, if you don't like the weather..wait a minute it'll change

21. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Snow is melting fast.Time to get back to work.Heres some pics of tom strumn and the 63 drag racing marauder.Planing on doing a 64 version of this car.Love the drag racing marauders.The nascar ones are nice to.I'll add some pics from time to time.

Attached Files:

22. Hey Merc Junky, my Sis lives just down the street from ya! I recognize your place there!

23. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

Hey, I'm in Saint Louis, no snow here yet, but I'm thinking of putting an outboard evinrude on the T-busket, I havent seen the sun in a week and I have 300 feet of gravel driveway in a 20 foot pile in front of the garage. Ugh......Hey Comet boy, you got a decent trunk lid for a 64 2 dr sedan? Or just the trim? Love the Merc's

John

24. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

I went out to norman in 04 for the FE nationals,The day we got there we were at a walmart parking lot when sirens started and the walmart PA system came on telling everyone to get into the store a tornado was just miles away.Never experienced anything like that before.It was crazy stuck in that walmart for hours.Cant build any bad marauders that way either.LoL

25. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Went out to gateway for the world ford challange in 05,Rained like crazy on the way there but cleared up just in time for some racing.Saw the coolest gold 63 marauder drag racing there.Anyone know who it is?No extra parts for the 64.I do have a contact thats up the road has a few sedan comets that he is parting out though.His name is carlos 720-281-0940 good luck

26. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

I love those marauders......can't wait to see pics as you go

27. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Looking for any information for my 64 police interceptor marauder.The research I've done no one knows they even made one.I have seen a hipo390 in a canadian marauder but the engine code didnt match the car.This car may have been the only one made.

Attached Files:

28. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

Hey man, I'm just as big of a Mercury nut as you are, especially the 63-4 Marauders. If you ever need some 62-3-4 Merc trim, let me know! I got a fair amount of the stuff myself I try to bring home from the junkyards whenever I go. Even have some of the 63 Colony Park fiberglass woody trim.

29. Ruiner

Ruiner

I happen to know where a rough Park Lane Marauder (4 door fastback hardtop) with a Super Marauder motor is sitting in a junkyard in Green Isle, MN if any of you guys need one for parts...

30. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Man! Now I'm glad we got all the rain instead of all that snow.