Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Mercury? Chevy? Who knows? I sure don't...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by custom_line, Mar 19, 2015.

1. custom_line

custom_line
    from Las Vegas

Ok...armrest has part number 4698435.. and what looks like a "M" with a wing behind...which I would guess would be Mercury.. but when searching nothing comes up...the only other armrest I found that looks similar is a 1955 1956 Chevy...but mine is more round and the screw holes are in different spots.

Attached Files:

2. belair

belair

Looks like the rear arm rest for a tri-five Chevy to me. At least a 55 or 56. Could be that a 2 door arm rest is different than a 4 door. I know the back seats are different.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  3. custom_line

custom_line
    from Las Vegas

Thanks...that's what I was thinking too...what do make of the "m" and the wing?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Looking closely at the pic....not at all sure that is an 'M'. Could just as easily be a stylized lowercase 'd', followed by two lower case 'l's....or something else. I suspect it is a suppliers mark, not related to usage.

Ray

5. 53-57 Chevy look a lot alike. Don't know about Ford. Part number does not look chevy.

6. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Part number is NOT Ford---example: E7TB 5863100/101 AC(100/101 is right side, left side.) is for a Ford Thunderbird seat back. It was always E7, E5, or some such number. That's it for me.