Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Mercruiser 3.7 sticky?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TinkerLogic, Jul 14, 2021.

1. TinkerLogic

TinkerLogic

I was looking for an odd engine (hoping kinda feasible) for a future project and stumbled upon the Mercruiser 3.7. I've been searching around the last couple hours for info on this engine for interest of maybe finding one to rebuild to power a little nissan pickup or something similar as far as a little pickup being the 3.7 new home. I seen several posts on the engine but it's kinda scattered.

I was curious if there was a "sticky" or a "pinned" section of the majority of the info, like maybe best years and interchange parts and (if possible) power upgrades and a header etc etc? I've already seen where it's EXTREMELY hard to find a good reusable block but I'm hopeful because I live near the Cape Fear river and I'm hoping maybe there's a boat junkyard near by to look through to see if I can find one for parts when I move to a bigger place in a couple months.

Thanks In Advance... maybe y'all won't think I'm too crazy lol.

2. 34Phil

34Phil