Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs merc pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marccustom, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Longtime lurker,new to posting.I am posting pics of my merc for comments and suggestions from everyone. 1951 Merc Monarch,255 flathead,65 k miles,three owners since new.I have chopped it,glass is in and hoping to finish the trim,change wheels and tires to Olds fiesta and wide whites.Pictures are awful,chop doesnt look so disproportioned in person! ( at least I think so).Please give any comments ,good or bad :D

Attached Files:

2. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Hell ! Whats not to like ? Its a chopped 51 Merc with a well placed 51 back window. Slam the back of that fucker and were in business! Now they're all gonna come on and tell you that you should make it look like it was done in 52 with wide whites, no pipes and Sombreros! LOL

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  3. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I think it looks dam cool, a little lower in the back maybe.

4. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I like the chop. Bring the car down and throw some bias ply wide whites on her. Nice job.

5. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Bias Plys, Lower in the rear, and drive it. Nice nerc.

6. 19Fordy

19Fordy

You have a very nice Merc. Make the lake pipes go away and extend the chrome side trim into the front fenders and it's even nicer.

7. Looks pretty good as is. Your suggested changes sound perfect and as mentioned maybe lowered a bit in the back.

Where are you in Alberta?

8. Whatever else you do....DONT change the color! :D Great looking car!

9. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

Nice ride, a set of 3" blocks out back and run it!

10. HRod 50

HRod 50

Keep the lake pipes, lower it like everyon else is saying, and enjoy it.. Nice car Man!!!!

11. mercjurij

mercjurij

Hey, nice car.

i dont like the 80ties style chop. I like the 50ties fastback chop, lower in the back.

But get the rear axle down and it is a very cool merc kustom!!!

Love the color...!

12. daveymac405

daveymac405

i think it looks good.
    i would take there advise about lowering the back. if it were mine i would black "tint" the windows out too,

13. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

When you do put wide whites and Olds flippers on. Change your Avatar. Looks like It has 20 inch wheels on it. Don`t want people to get the wrong impression. Cause you know they will say what they think. Thanks for joining.

14. Thanks so much ,guys.I forgot to mention it is 3'' lower now,tinted glass is in.I appreciate all comments ,good or bad!There is no resource like this anywhere.damn lucky to have 40000 or so freinds to check out your stuff. I love this car,bought it from a friend who was diagnosed with terminal cancer and basically left it to me.Been working on mods and chop for a long time,trying to make it right and not rush.Got a real kick in the pants went I visited Mercury Charlie and saw Nadine,realized I need to get it done .Charlie is a great guy,super craftsman and I listened when he told me to do it the way the car deserves..he gets it

15. 40,000.....try 105,000 friends!!!!!
    Merc looks great! Is that as close as you could get to it,hahahaha! Like the color,wide whites would be a plus.
    BTW-Merc Charlie is a great guy!!!! Next time you see him,tell him Bad Bob says "HI"!
    Check out the pic's on the HAMB Merc Club thread. Lots of ideas on there,and info too.

16. Looks great, keep posting pics.

17. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Hmmm...nope, doesn't do a damn thing for me. Better drop it off at my house to save you the eyesore! :D

18. big bad john

big bad john

........Whats not to like........Don't change a thing at this time........the sled looks super the way its sits now......enjoy it....

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I like it just fine, I'll trade you my Chevy for it, it's purple too.

20. new pics,taken from the frozen tundra yesterday. A bearable -20 c and blowing snow.Sadly car is still too high in the rear,starting over again!!!!!

Attached Files:

21. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Just a little lower in the back would improve the overall stance. The side pipes aren't turning my crank (but hey, not my car!) Keep us updated.

22. Drive and enjoy! If you like it...is all the matters. Screw everyone else!

23. Very cool, what color is the car?

24. Right now its Chrysler plum crazy,the musclecar color flattened to about 60% gloss.Not as a statement,just want to finish all the mods before SHINY!Probably end up darker purple,my kids have named it SOUR GRAPES,kinda stuck.
    Has a 1965 tbird interior ,pearl white so I can change to almost any color,hopefully by next summer.I am the bodymen/painter so I will try not to dissapoint myself:D

25. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

if you want to go lower in the rear do a set of 4" blocks you can get them through Mercuryland