Register now to get rid of these ads!

Merc-O-Matic Part Number

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StanDaManTX, Jan 10, 2011.

1. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

Hey Guys I have a Merc-o-Matic 3 speed in my 63 Monterey and I bought the filter Gasket Kit from Mac's and it is wrong, the filter is smaller than mine. Anyone have the part number or know where I can get the right filter? Thanks.

2. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

ok guys, I have been researching and talked to Macs. I ordered the cruise-o-matic fx gasket/screen kit. I need one for the MX. I dont want to wait on their slow shipping and restock fee etc. soooooo does anyonee have the info on where else I can find it? I was thinking of flushing the screen.filter and just slapping it back in there. Any suggestions?

3. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Stan, If you got a good parts guy (I know, like finding hen's teeth right?), Napa or Auto Value or any good parts store should be able to get the gasket kit.

Good Luck

4. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

Everyone I called in a 20 mile radius could only get the gaskets. No filters. Even the guy from mercury lincoln old parts in florida told me to flush the old filter and re-use it. I called a few other guys that do old ford transmissions and they had the parts but they were way more expensive than macs. In my haste I went ahead and ordered the macs parts for the mx this time. Hopefully they are right. fingers crossed.

5. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Wow, that sucks. Hopefully the oparts from Mac's are correct.