Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs MEL engine MoonEyes valve covers are back!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buddy67Lincoln, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Buddy67Lincoln

Buddy67Lincoln

Moon finned polished aluminum valve covers for your 430 MEL engine are back! Extremely limited time offer but only after 10+ show interest. We are currently around 5-6 people.

BEFORE YOU ORDER:

Please read the whole thing so you do not end up confused. This is simply posts from the MEL site and emails from Moon confirming all this and some steps to take:

How about a set of "Vintage" Moon polished finned Valvecovers for Your 430 and similar?.
    I have been in contact with Moon now several times, and apparently they still have the tooling they used in the 1960's.
    Moon did not have a picture, and no finished cover to picture, so I have had the shown pictures verified at Moon, that this is Moon covers, and hereby what the new ones will look like. The pictures that I found on the internet, show these installed on a 1960 430, and should fit other years and engine sizes.

Here is the deal.
    If at least 10 of us is interested, Moon will make the 10 set's or more for US$ 285 a set.

That price seems reasonable compared to the other polished finned covers they currently lists on their website
    A set for the Y-Block is US$ 265, small block chevy is US$ 215 and the chevy 348/409 is US$ 325 and Bigblock chevy is listed at US$398( with breathers)

The covers will be without any holes except those for mounting.

If You are interested and have the US$ 285 available then chime in here, and preferably, mail me Your E.Mail address so I'm sure to reach You when we have 10 interested. send me a note that You want a set to T.Bird at Online.no ( replace "at" with the @ and remove the spaces)

At that point I will take contact with Moon again, and they will prepare the website to take our orders.
    From that time they have the minimum 10 orders, the delivery time will be approx 4 weeks.

This is a one time run, and these have not been produced in decades, so do not sit on the fence, til next time this will happen.

Acording to Moon they have no plans to make these permanently available, as the demand is to low.

This is Yor liftime chance to own something unique.

And by the way, these covers will be made in the and look like the orignals, as the original molds will be used.

Please please please email this gentlemen with your name and how many sets you want:

[email protected] OR contact me: [email protected]

You should refrain from emailing Moon for right now until we have 10 on the list. I think its important not to email 100 times when are they going to be done..they will contact myself or T.Bird when casting will begin. He will then email everyone when casting begins and everyone will be emailed and know when they are being made and no one will miss out.
    >
    http://www.mooneyesusa.com/contact_us.php?muid=24b96040f2e2cd8a1873d626b4501444

He was on the MEL site with this info so check that out too if you'd like to maybe get some questions answered and see some photos of a vintage set of covers.

http://ford-mel-engine.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=448&p=1650#p1650

Email him so we can keep the list accurate and to help keep us from bombarding mooneyes about the gig. They are excited to be doing this but its a limited time offer. Once they get 10 or more interested they will make a run and we will be notifying all on the list immediately. We don't want anyone forgotten so please email Trond Sandland at the email address above. He is the original source for getting Mooneyes to do this and thank him while your at it! Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  2. Buddy67Lincoln

Buddy67Lincoln

UPDATE! Contact Moon directly as we exceeded their expectations so they are now taking the emails directly.
    http://www.mooneyesusa.com/contact_us.php

Tell them how many you want and they will contact you when the MEL covers are being cast. Good lucK!

3. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

forgive me for my "newbieness" but the 430 and 462 are the same right? I can use these valve covers on my 462? do we need to drill a breather into at least one side? any help is much appreciated!

anyone know anywhere else to find good looking air cleaners or replacement parts for these MELs?

Thanks!

4. Wowcars

Wowcars

5. Buddy67Lincoln

Buddy67Lincoln

If you want them...you better call Mooneyes today! I just got mine in the mail the other day but they are still casting. There are some slightly pitted ones that did not pass quality inspection and they are going for $95 less! Too bad for me, I got the first run and I paid full price twice! They are beautiful so hurry!

Attached Files:

6. studhud

studhud

Bitchen Im gettin me some!
    Dave Hitch

7. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

so is this a limited number run???

8. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Love to have a set but $$$$ is tight. Maybe next round

9. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

does anyone know if this is a limited run, or if there is a time limit on this??? I called yesterday and never got through to anyone?

10. I called last week and today arrived a box marked 'Moon'! Inside was the prettiest set of valve covers I have ever seen. Soon, my Model T will wear them on it's 430 Lincoln with pride! Today, the valve covers join the edelbrock 6x2 log type intake that is just waiting for the Edelbrock repop 94s.

If you have waited to buy, there are still a couple of sets left!

11. studhud

studhud

Got me some they are really nice to Thanks Moon!
    Dave Hitch

12. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

got mine last week! perfect touch!!!

13. 61TBird

61TBird

You KNOW you have to post pics.....:rolleyes:

14. Buddy67Lincoln

Buddy67Lincoln

photos

Attached Files: