Register now to get rid of these ads!

Maybe they still lurk? Who do you miss?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CURIOUS RASH, Jan 10, 2006.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

He is still posting under at least two different names that I know of.....and really funny names too:eek: :D

2. shoebox72

shoebox72

I miss my old pal Ray. :( Nailhead54.

Billy

3. OK, I'll leave... but I've been thrown out of better places.

4. silent rick

silent rick

dr.chop. or doc chop. i always checked out his progress reports on the 54 ford he was building.

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

Rash......I have often wondered that many times. I see that allot of them lurk, but the bottom line is, things are not to same today as they were 5-6 years ago.

I wonder if some left due to the 'Rat-Rod' being talked down, or if they got out all together?

I love the beaters, rats, death-rods, tractor grilles,...we just don't seem to see or hear about 'em here like we once did.

What happened ?

6. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

What happened is that someone put a label on it. Then others bastardized it. Same thing that happens to everything that is too good to be true.

7. Tony

Tony

Turd burgler was one...but he got banned under that one too..

8. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I'm still just a new guy here at the HAMB.....but I really miss some of the posts by good ol' HankCash. Funny shit man. Butt Reynolds too!!

Josh

9. cheaterslick

cheaterslick

Ya where is GERM? Did he finally implode from hearing RAT ROD RAT ROD RAT ROD too many times?

10. oldkid

oldkid
    from smyrna tn

so what does a person do to get banned? i'm just curious in general.
    i mean this is a pretty relaxed atmosphere. that's why it's one of my favorite places. i can cuss & spit on the floor if i want.
    oh shit...wait...that's my floor.

11. not to hijack or start a shit storm but, whats the difference between here (hamb) and the RRT.........why are some people leaving? :confused: . i looked at a few posts on there (for the first time) i see billit, gm tilt columns and a few of off topic style posts.... is this the difference.

even though this place is big it still feels like a family.......LOTS of HAMBers helping HAMBers.

12. I miss GERM, and his links to auctions on Egay under the name of "wrecktums"

I also miss Dondanno, a.k.a. "suzy the cross-eyed seamstress". He always kept me up to date on the Portland area events that I'm not cool enough to know about.....

13. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

I can't come up with a list right of the top of my head, but I think there is something intangible about how the old board "felt". You could literally feel the excitement on the board. It was the newness, the rawness, the feeling of being a pioneer (virtually speaking) and knowing you were involved in something big. Real big.

There aren't any members that could bring that back. There is no great feeling that can last forever and the quest to get that back will never go away. That is what makes this place so addictive. It doesn't hurt that it flat out kills the alternatives.

I love this place and all of the folks who make it what it is TODAY. Yesterday rocked - but it's gone man. This is the coolest thing I've ever been part of - and that's what is so cool - WE made this place what it was and WE make it what it is.

I will still come back to this place years after Ryan pulls the plug; hoping, pleading that the link will work again.......

14. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Ok- Some old names haven't seen in a while.

Dr.J
    T-Man
    Fat Hack
    Old Beet
    Slazzen

Wher'd day go ?

Cob

15. FWilliams

FWilliams

yea , its really sad that curious rash doesnt post any more,:rolleyes: i thought he was kinda witty

16. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

i could swear that i've seen at least 3/4 of the names posted here recently. interesting about butt reynolds getting banned, he was one of the 'rulers." i think the issue is size. so many topics, therefore alot of folks are lost in its sheer size. samiyam posted the other day on the gasser post. actually, i think the screen name "samiam" was some girlfriend of a HAMBer bitching about some domestic problems on here. lasted for all of about 30 seconds. i've seen nads and draglinks around too. germ was on in the last month i think, fat hack i think also, Dr. J hasn't disappeared. ha, what we need is an old school original HAMBer forum maybe. the inner sanctum of the HAMB.

i've seen and heard of alot of folks being banned for talking shit to ryan, and racist shit also. doesn't fly too well around here.

17. NealinCA

NealinCA

18. old beet

old beet

I'm here all the time, and I know where THEY went?????......OLDBEET

19. AHotRod

AHotRod

And that would be .......... ???????

20. socal_wrench

socal_wrench

I miss Killers Tech posts.
    Stuff you don't need a bunch of trick tools to do and pure genius.

and I miss Don's pictures of every event in the world.

21. Cob, I finished my touring and promptly started a new house/shop. I dont post much hotrod shit since that started (9 months ago). I am still here everyday and being a smartass on many posts In fact, I hope to sell the touring to add coin to the new shop and then concentrate on my Model A pickup. I hope to do many updates soon on that one!

As for slazzen, he posted a while back, life change new abode etc............you see, lots of the old names, at least us younger guys, are making those big life moves.

I call bullshit to the folks that say the HAMB has changed, the ones that say that dont have open eyes, this place is as good as ever, sorry you got yer pussy slapped:D

22. I'm still here too, just not as much as before and as I'd like to be.
    Got two kids now,bought a house and five acres and gonna start buildin a shop.
    Plus keep my shop/business going and the wifey happy:p
    This place still rocks,some of us are just busy as hell.

Some guys have gone to other boards or just lurk lots.
    Theres so many guys/gals on here now its hard to keep up with one or two threads let alone them all

More frequent tech weeks might keep guys on their toes and back on here a lil more,plus get some other guys who haven't posted stuff on tech week to get off their butts and post more informative stuff like AV8,Killer and guys like that used to all the time.

vive le HAMB.....Shiny

23. they are all over at the "elite" secret Hamb site where some go to get away from us commoners...

24. How about these hambers....

"wes"
    "redmeat"
    "hellbound hooch"/ "traveling boot ho"

25. Muttley

Muttley

HAHAHA, I was just going to say Farmer and there he is.:D BTW congrats on the feature in the Hop Up special.:cool:
    Other guys: Slazzen, Spent (now that you have a job you dont post any art:( ) Hooligan(or whatever he changed his screen name to) Loudpedal, DragLinkscc, Nads (come back, I find you amusing), Burndup, Wes, ESnacky6 and of course Germ.

26. Having met Lurker Mick and Old Farts and Old Fords at Bonneville, I miss 'em. Too bad Harlan got banned because he did some genius stuff, like the homemade tunnel ram for his 330-350 Olds that really worked!
    Elmo Rodge doesn't come around much anymore either. Travelin Boot Ho is sorely missed by me too.

Attached Files:

27. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Elmo Rodge doesn't come around much anymore either. Travelin Boot Ho is sorely missed by me too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll have to ask Cyclone Kevin 'bout him. I think it's him I've got to thank (Elmo) for helping hook me back up with a long-lost friend. Haven't seen much from Germ, lately, miss his Hunter Thompson-esque style. Or his he still around?

28. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

i still see him once and a while on here, but i dig 286merc's posts...he knows his shit.

maybe hankcash can do one of his girly hijacks on this post:D ...i love those
    george

29. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I haven't seen anything by fellow custom enthusiast, and artist "Sailor". Where's he been, EuroHAMBers?

30. CadillacKid

CadillacKid

Marcus
    Germ
    Nads