Register now to get rid of these ads!

master cylinder question??????????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustomd, Dec 30, 2003.

1. kustomd

kustomd

I have a new master cylinder for a 67 chevelle in my 54 chevy car now but will it work with my mustang II front end. I like the way it looks better but will my brakes work right. Its a manual mastercylinder also. I read in the new custom rodder about building a brake system but they don't go into to much detail about the master cylinders other than the size of the bore. I have put the master cylinder on the firewall instead of under the floor. I used the brake pedal out of a montecarlo in the late 70's or early 80's I have a mastercylinder for an 86 mustang that would be like what was stock for this front end but I don't like it and my lines have already been built for the chevelle mastercylinder. I will put the mustang one in if I have to tho. Any Ideas??

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

The Chevelle m/cyl was built for 4w drum brakes. You need a disc brake m/cyl. I'd try the Mustang unit myself.

3. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

Use a master cyl for a '69 Camaro with disk brakes. It will bolt in the same as the Chevelle cyl as the non-disk master for the Camaro is the same # as the Chevelle. The only problem (small) is that the disk master is for power brakes and therefor is 1 1/8th" rather than 1" for the non-power drum brakes. The extra 1/8 will make the brakes a little tougher to push but they will apply sooner.