Register now to get rid of these ads!

marine engines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stainlesssteelrat, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Soviet

Soviet

2. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well cut off my legs and call me Shorty, I'd never heard of a Tatra. A very quick search found a motorcycle with a Tatra V8. Pic attached.....

Attached Files:

3. Dzus

Dzus

People don't give those old OMC 90 degree V motors enough credit. They were never glamorous like a Mercury. But they are tough, cheap, and respond well to the normal tricks like planing the heads, playing with the ports and pistons, etc. The crossflows have a wide powerband. The V8's modded sound absolutely awesome. Short of that I'd be tempted to stack a pair of V4's.

I'd run it horizontal, just like in the midget above. The biggest obvious problem would be the intake, because stock that's now underneath.

If you were close by I'd introduce to my neighbor Chris. He goes by '6killer' on screamandfly and builds outboards. His old OMC v4 surprised many a V6 in drag boat racing.