Register now to get rid of these ads!

Making progress on the Chevy! (well, almost)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gasoline Junkie, May 26, 2011.

1. Gasoline Junkie

Gasoline Junkie

A few weeks ago I came to you guys feeling discouraged with this car and you guys really helped me out and now I'm getting to work! The first thing on my to-do list was to take care of the rear shock situation. Thanks to 8FLEET9, it turned out to be a pretty easy fix with the right part. But of course, it didn't fit. Eckler's sells two sizes, each for different style frames, single or two piece. The two piece measures 36" across, while the one piece is 35 1/4". My car has a two-piece frame, but measures 35 1/4" from rail to rail for some reason. Now that I nicked it up trying to get it in, I have to see if they'll give me a full refund. And on top of that, Monday's Memorial day so who knows when I'll ever get this thing shipped. Story of my life... :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. F&J

F&J

Find a friend with a cut off wheel and a welder. Maybe 15 minutes to shorten both sides. Better that return shipping, waiting, etc.

3. Gasoline Junkie

Gasoline Junkie

I wish, friends around here don't do favors for nobody. One of these days I'll learn to weld