Register now to get rid of these ads!

Making progress on the 40 Sedan!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plumfat40, Jul 12, 2010.

1. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Well after a weekend of thrashing, it is all apart and pressure washed, all the dropped suspension parts are on the way from Eric @ Riley-Auto, 6.00 and 7.50 WWW are ready to mount, and the flathead and trans are about ready.... Should have her rolling soon after a 54 year hiatus!!!! Hopefully we will have the same stance as the 35 we did a few weeks ago

Attached Files:

2. Labold

Labold

Wow, your making great progress on your '40.
    That 35 looks fantabulous, nice job young man.

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That '35 is the baddest I've seen. It's awesome and I can't wait for your '40 progress!!!

I hope that my '35 has the same stance.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What are you doing out back? I am taking out every other leaf with reversed eyes and running 1" longer shackles from Vern Tardel.

Up front I have a 4" drop axle from Jordan Graham and a Monoleaf with reversed eyes.

5. Gotta love the ol' 40 sedan,,my kids grew up riding in the back seat of a daily driver black 40 DeLuxe. HRP

6. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

On the 35 we just reversed the eyes and de-arched 2 inches, need to move the exhaust still it hits it a little. The front is a 4 inch axle and reverse eye spring with a few leaves out. Drive fantastic. Hopefully the sedan will sit the same. It has a columbia so hopefully I wont have a clearance issues

7. Big Nick

Big Nick

That 35 sits so perfect!

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

SO in you're expertise, would you say removing every other leaf is a bit much? Should I put a few of the longer ones back in? Damn I already had them painted and ready to go!!!

On a seperate note, where can I get a set of chrome "C" clamps that hold the rear spring pack together? When I pulled mine they had to be cut since they were so rusty.

9. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

No expert here, in fact when we were doing my thought was never too low, However Aussiesteve said not to take any leave out, and we left out one, it was too low!!! so out with the spring and back together, sits and drives perfect. But remember the main is de-arched 2 inches.... As for the spring clamps, Riley-Auto.com, Eric has them polished stainless.

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Damn, I have some work to do then, I have to get the rest of them cleaned up and ready to go!

11. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

no problem, let us know how you do!!! Post some pics

12. Django

Django
    from Chicago

13. colorado kid

colorado kid
    BANNED
    from Colorado

looks great nick let me know if you guys need an extra hand next time your out working on it