Register now to get rid of these ads!

Maiden Voyage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod31, Oct 31, 2004.

1. HotRod31

HotRod31

Wife & I picked up a little (13') Scamp travel trailer a couple weeks ago, well I finished puttin a hitch on the back of the A coupe so naturally we had to take it for a spin around the block. I'm happy to report no problems (if you don't count the fact that I can't see anything behind me) [​IMG] Sure did get a lot of stares, I guess people aren't use to seeing campers that do 0 to 60 so quick. [​IMG]
    Are plans are to do a little close camping, then some traveling when the kids get a little older.

Later, Mark

2. tootallrodder

tootallrodder
    Member Emeritus

Hot Rods and Vintage Campers are the only way to fly, I just wish I got my teardrop usable years ago. The Money Spent on Hotels could have gone to alot better use elseware.

3. Scamps RULE!

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

My wife and I went through the whole spectrum of camping accomodations while our kids were growing up. Tent, Pickup camper(2), small pop up, small trailer, large trailer, motorhome. Now we are looking towards doing a teardrop to tow behind the hot rod. I'm looking forward to building it as she has taken up woodworking and wants to do a large project to test her skills.

Frank

5. Restored this Burro a few years ago, will be towed behind the '46. We call it the marshmallow. [​IMG]

6. HotRod31

HotRod31

Yea Frank we did the camper/motorhome thing with the kids too. Wife says its our turn now. [​IMG]

Later, Mark

7. HotRod31

HotRod31

It does look like a big marshmallow now that you mention it 4t46rd. [​IMG]

Later, Mark

8. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

Camping with a vintage trailer(better yet a tear drop) is the only way to go. You will have a great time when you don't have to find a room to crash after the party when you bring your own space. your trailer will be cool.

Attached Files: