Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Mad Mikey Accident

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mad mikey, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

I have a 16" electric fan (puller) that I took off my car when I first got it. If it's what you need, it's yours. Sent you a PM.

2. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Good to hear that your doing better :cool:
    Every thing happens for a reason, maybe better it happened at home than at a drive in or car show with lots of people and rows of cars.
    This will give you time to check out that carb linkage and find out W.T.F. happend.

I did a similar thing in 2003 drove my daily driver through my 16 ft overhead door, luckly I got it stopped a couple of feet away from pushing my brand new 4 wheeler through the back wall. :oops:

3. Take it slow for awhile before you go full bore. Make sure that you are healed physically then your head will follow.

4. Mikey, I’ve been following this for 7 pages and am impressed with the out pouring of help and care. I just have to say that if you do have a TBI, it can have long reaching effects. I received mine in December of 2014 and still have memory loss, vision issues, dizziness/ vertigo and sometimes very bad anger issues. Hopefully you will experience far less but please seek out someone to help you though the healing process, don’t be a tough guy and think that you “ GOT THIS”. Believe me it ain’t nothing to mess around with. I wish I was closer to help out with EVERYTHING. The Hot Rod will get back better than before, make damn sure you do also. Take care, Mitch.

NashRodMan, pennafxu, seadog and 10 others like this.
  5. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Sounds like you're on the mend. Lot's of positive thoughts and feelings coming your way from the HAMB. Keep a positive attitude and take care!

loudbang, mad mikey, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  6. The coupe is on its way going back together. I found a dropped and drilled axle, it's not chrome but is forged and real nice, the only one I could get. Seems Super Bell axles are all on backorder everywhere . I am updating the front shocks. Found a steel grill shell and a radiator . I will post progress pictures this week end. Thanks everybody for thinking of me, the offers of help and your concern.:) The shop wall is going to be fixed soon, I hope.

7. Fordors

Fordors

Mike, it’s probably been said already but any dizziness, blurred vision, etc. in the future don’t hesitate to get it checked out.
    It’s good to hear your morale is fine, don’t work too hard, take it easy.

8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not to make light Mikey, but they say horse power is the rate at which you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you. The fact that the wall needs repair is kinda like good dyno results. Take care, rebuild.

9. Mike, glad to hear you're getting a plan together to get it back up and running! Take care of yourself, all else will fall into place!

10. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to hear you are on the the mend.

11. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

Still praying for you brother. It will all work out!
    And just so you know, if I had a million dollars, I'd build your car.
    It will fly again!

AHotRod, loudbang, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  12. Ok my brother HAMBER'S. Here are some pictures of the progress. I have been working on the coupe as hard and as much as possible. The new axle is in. Not chrome but ends are filled and it is drilled, I love that. It was the only one in the country it seems that I could find. Every axle I inquired about was on back order. The front suspension is all set up and the shocks have been upgraded. I am working on fabricating the radiator supports and some other parts that will be improved and different then what I had. I promised some pictures so here they are. WIN_20210403_16_03_34_Pro.jpg WIN_20210403_16_03_34_Pro.jpg WIN_20210403_16_04_01_Pro.jpg WIN_20210403_16_04_32_Pro.jpg WIN_20210403_16_05_21_Pro.jpg WIN_20210403_16_12_31_Pro.jpg WIN_20210403_16_14_55_Pro.jpg WIN_20210403_16_12_31_Pro.jpg

13. If i was closer I'd fix your grill shell for you....

14. Thanks for the thought Lloyd. I appreciate that.;)

15. I will be back on it tomorrow . Happy Easter everyone.

16. You're welcome sir, wish there was someway that I could help out.

17. upspirate

upspirate

That grill shell will be a great wall hanger as is. Glad you're feeling better

18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mikey you must upgrade your Garage carpet to Red...:)

Glad all is on the mend...;)

19. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

A horrible accident is when someone is maimed or dies, all you did is wreck a car in your garage.....sucks to be true, I wish you well.

Lil32, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had to stop by and see how you're doing. Glad to see you're doing a little better.
    I don't think I ever saw your car. That's a badass hot rod. No wonder it lunged like a rabid dog. Bandit Billy said the wall is like good dyno results. LOL
    Why are you showing us your thumb... does it hurt, too?
    Best wishes. ;)

21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...a BIG Thumbs UP I say...;)

22. Good to hear you are feeling well enough to be back in the garage, You cant keep a good man down for long. HRP

23. Really? Nice...

Happy to see the car coming back together, one of the coolest hot rods on the H.A.M.B.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

24. pennafxu

pennafxu
    from Kentucky

Mad Mikey,
    Did you ever get an initial CT scan without contrast? Furthermore did you ever get a follow up CT scan? Please don’t hesitate to DM me with any questions or concerns about this head injury. I’m very sorry to hear about this terrible accident.

Very Respectfully,

Faiz Uddin, M.D. aka Whisky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32SEDAN, Thor1, Budget36 and 7 others like this.
  25. trollst

trollst

Well, if this whole thing wouldn't make you say fuck a whole buncha times, glad you're getting your shit together, wish I could help....

Nicholas Coe, Thor1, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  26. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

...and the new painted axle isn't susceptible to hydrogen embrittlement like the chrome one was...see? A safer improvement already:D

chessterd5, Thor1, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  27. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow! Sorry Mikey, I just saw this thread. Glad to hear you are okay. Looks like the coupe is on it way to recovering as well. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I wished I was closer. Keeping a good thought for your brother!

28. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

I imagine it also sucks to be crass and hung up on semantics...but I wish you well.:rolleyes:

Glad you're up and at em Mike. Keep on keepin on.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  29. loudbang

loudbang

Well I bet you lived up to your user name that day. :rolleyes: Good to see it coming back together.