Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical MACHINIST HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NorthRiver6478, Apr 23, 2018.

1. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

Just sent him a message...Thank You

2. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

Thank You

3. You'll get it done. A lot of shops get a little hinkey when they think it is a brake part. Now if it was just a hydraulic part they may jump all over it. :D

Good luck with it. ;)

Nice lookin coupe by the way. :cool:

4. Joe H

Joe H

5. Budget36

Budget36

You can give Modesto Machinery Works a try. They still have 90% manual equipment and pretty much do a lot of one off stuff. Used to be pretty reasonable, but I haven't been in there for 2 years.

NorthRiver6478 likes this.
  6. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

Sounds Good...Still Looking...Thank You

7. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

Bob is on the hunt....I will let you know.

8. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I dont think Alu. is the right material, why do factorys use BRA$$ when aluminum is so much cheaper???

9. Vicky with a hemi has a good idea.
    tell you what I'd do, I would get a store bought union to join the two brake lines and then drill out the aluminum block and press in the union after I cut the outside of the union round.

10. There are aluminum master cylinders, calipers, and aluminum ABS units and who knows what else I haven't seen

This gizmo is aluminum but looks like the seating surface is pressed in -?brass?
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  11. Seems to me that some of the early Ford dual master cylinders had pressed in buttons like the one pictured above. I'm pretty sure they are brass. Drill, tap, press in little round thingy, done.

NorthRiver6478 likes this.
  12. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

And those usually are coated/anodized for hardness and wear and the aluminum Masters are somtimes sleeved with SS. Unless you are friends with the anodizer theres a $75 minimum

46international likes this.
  13. what is stronger, aluminum or brass threads? dreracecar got me thinking, if the threads are coated, will just plain aluminum strong enough? We all know brass fittings hold up.

14. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Haven’t read the whole thread but have you considered installing a STEEL insert with the needed thread design?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  15. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

Thanks for all the input and suggestions everyone....Its in the process of being made.

16. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

...Just tell us the procedure, pulleeze! What did you decide to go with?

I read about a theft in a township in Maine. Over the weekend, Burglars broke into the police station and stole all the toilet seats! Cops got nothing to go on...

17. Chiss

Chiss
    from S.C.

Must be a Top Secret Gismo for F"/.ing NASA, still hasn't explained what its for.

pprather likes this.